30 Day Shred and rest days??

Options
I started 30 Day Shred on Monday, but I was wondering if I should be taking rest days? I didn't really plan on it unless my body was just super tired and needed a break, but I just wanted some second opinions.

Replies

• lisateachawa
    lisateachawa Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    bump - I am wonderfing too????
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Some people take 1 rest day. I didn't take any and added 15 days switching between level 2 & 3. Great results!
  • tramaine81
    tramaine81 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I can barely do the 10 days of the thirty day shred; however, I know someone who did all thirty days and lost a bunch. I am a walker. If your body is, like, saying "no way", just do the thirty day shred 3-4 days a week and walk for an hour on the other days. You will still have wonderful progress if you stay within your calorie limit.

If you do make all of the thirty days...CONGRATULATIONS!!! I will live vicariously through that accomplishment:)
  • MsCandyLynn
    Options
    It is a very intense program..i broke it up into 6 weeks, and did M-F level 1 Sat - Sun off, M-F Level 1 sat-sun off and the same for the levels 2 and 3... so i did 10 days at each level with 2 days off between..it really is a personal preference though..youll hear jillian say several times that if you want big results you dont get to rest so it depends on what kind of results and how much your willing to put your body through! Good luck
  • kelika71
    kelika71 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    There really aren't any rules other than listen to your body. No one is holding a gun to your head saying to workout or rest, right? ;)

If you use a HRM, or check your HR yourself, you can usually determine if your workout is suffering. If it is and you're not able to give it your all, take a day off. Sometimes, rest is more important than the workout.
  • nicolegetsfit
    Options
    Okay, thanks everyone. :) I'm only on day 3, but I might take a rest day every 10 days after each level haha.
  • sarahrobin
    sarahrobin Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'm working my way through it right now. I had planned to do 30 days straight but my knees just won't let me. I had to take a rest break a week ago and had to take one from it today (I hauled boxes up and down stairs for over an hour-figured that was enough of a workout!). Just listen to your body. Good luck and have fun! I am loving it!
  • bissabwell
    bissabwell Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I just bought it along with Bob's Weight Loss Yoga DVD. I was thinking of switching out every other day between the two, but had a question.

Do you add cardio on the side or just do the video alone?
  • nicolegetsfit
    Options
    I started C25K a few weeks ago, so I'm doing that along with the video. :)
  • MsCandyLynn
    Options
    I just bought it along with Bob's Weight Loss Yoga DVD. I was thinking of switching out every other day between the two, but had a question.

Do you add cardio on the side or just do the video alone?

I do cardio every day regardless of what other exercises i do..sometimes all i do is cardio..i love me some cardio!!!