Sayin' Hi

nursespoony87
nursespoony87 Posts: 11
edited September 30 in Introduce Yourself
Hello! I've had a MFP profile for a little while but I recently started using it as a tool to get back into a healthy routine. My girlfriend, Ashley, and I are working out six days per week for at least two hours per day (cardio and strength training). We're not on a diet, but we're learning to eat healthier and find great tasting alternatives. Diets fail in my experience, so you have to retrain your body instead.

Anyway, things are going well so far. I'm excited to see the results soon. :)

Thanks,
Steve

Replies

• budkow
    budkow Posts: 39
    Great that the two of you are working together. I know that if my wife weren't with me on the food and lifestyle changes I'd never be able to do it.

Diets are a fad, health is forever. :-D
  • Hi there just trying to back into shape. I have never had a weight problem before but I went through a depression and gained 30lbs. i really want to feel good again and I hope to have some support from everyone here. :)
  • budkow: I think on top of the support it brings both of us, it also helps our relationship grow stronger. We're involved in each other's lives in this way and I think that helps us grow a bit more everyday. :)

leeannrudolph: I'm so sorry you had to go through a time of depression. While it's different for everyone, I can definitely relate going through that season in my life. It's very difficult. Kudos to you for fighting through it and bettering yourself mentally and physically!

Nice to "meet" y'all!
This discussion has been closed.