Getting off track

Options
Out of town with my daughter for the weekend for her soccer tournament and my eating is out of control

Replies

• rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    One weekend won't make a difference in the long term. It takes 3,500 calories over maintenance to make one pound of fat. You have a lifetime ahead of you.

Log everything to the best of your ability so you know where you are. It's possible if you are more active than usual that it's not as bad as you think. Then come home and carry on. Best of luck to your daughter in her tournament!
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    newwed412 wrote: »
    Out of town with my daughter for the weekend for her soccer tournament and my eating is out of control

When someone says this, my first instinct is to think they mean "Oh, noes, I went off my boiled chicken and cabbage diet and ate a 200 calorie burger".

And if that's the case, I hope you enjoyed it and also had some fries with that.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,290 Member
    Options
    jump back on track and don't let it make you feel bad or derail your plan. I read so many success stories and they all say that consistancy is what it takes.
  • pogiguy05
    pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
    Options
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it happens. You know the way back. Just don't let every weekend be the 'out of control' that makes every week be a 'gain'.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    You're not off track, events, holidays and social gatherings happen. Without understanding what 'out of control' means to you, take what you learn and apply it how you will be dealing with these in the future.

Perhaps just go into maintenance calories for the day or weekend when these arise. Eta some will bank calories for the weekend/events as well if planned in advance. There is a way to work through mental strategies and also stay true to your weight loss and maintaining, it takes time to work through what works for you.