Legs have turned to jelly

Options
I had a baby earlier this year and have since lost the majority of my baby weight going from 87kgs to 63kgs and I intend to loose another 3-4kgs before Christmas. I am happy with my loss however my body looks so different, in particular my legs. It’s like I have lost all muscle tone and they have turned to complete jelly! I stopped exercising during my pregnancy so could this be the reason or is it from eating at a deficit for the past 5 or 6 months?

I have tried to maintain what muscle mass I have by completing the 30 day shred a number of times per week for the past 2 months and daily squats but the problem seems to the getting worse and not better. Is this a case of you can’t spot reduce and I should just continue to diet? I know that I don’t consume enough protein so could this be a factor? My goal has been a holiday which is in 4 weeks time but I guess I won’t be able to make any huge improvements in that time. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

Replies

• ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,695 Member
    Options
    My husband kindly pointed out that I lost the muscle tone in my legs when I was pregnant. Fortunately for him, he told me this after I’d returned to running and my muscles had reappeared. Exercise is definitely the way to do it, so stick with it. You may simply have to wait until your skin tightens a bit more. Good luck!!
  • TLCFORM
    TLCFORM Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Ouch! ;) okay thanks for the advice and encouragement. I wasn’t sure if it was something I was doing wrong or if I just need more time and patience.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    My husband kindly pointed out that I lost the muscle tone in my legs when I was pregnant. Fortunately for him, he told me this after I’d returned to running and my muscles had reappeared. Exercise is definitely the way to do it, so stick with it. You may simply have to wait until your skin tightens a bit more. Good luck!!

Smart husband.