returning to diet after long break

Options
I worked hard for 8 months and lost about 20 pounds, however after visiting family back home my diet crumbled and it's been about 3 months now and I've gained about 6 pounds back. with the holidays coming up I know it's really important that I get back on it. but I'm finding it's harder to start again then it was the first time. any tips on re-motivating myself and getting back in that wieght loss mindset ?

Replies

• Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Find some way to start today. Maybe you put down soda and get some water, but just do something. I'm coming back after a long fall too and you just have to start and try. Know that one mistake won't ruin everything. Hardest part for me were the sugar cravings! I find a way to work treats in
  • zehrjordan
    zehrjordan Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    makes sence, I feel like I need to jump back in to the aggressive diet that I worked so hard and so long to get in, which feels impossible and overwhelming.
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    Start tracking. Even if you don't have a definite plan to diet right now, tracking makes you realize when you eat and sometimes makes you question whether you need to eat something you were about to graze on. I use my phone so I will enter it right away.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    What I have done in the past is pick a specific day somewhere out in the near future (usually a week or so out), and decide that I'm going to get back on track that specific day. It might sound silly, but it gives me time to think about and mentally prepare for the changes I'm about to make.