Just... *sigh*... so upset!

Options
So frustrated, I just want to cry! The scale went up 6lbs in 2 weeks! Lately I've been eating way more food than normal! And I'm just not happy at all about how I look anymore! I haven't even done my hair/makeup in forever, because just don't care! ... The shirts that were tight on me 29lbs ago are STILL tight on me now! It just pisses me off!!!!!!!!

I have mixed feels. when I lose a pound I'm happy about it.... WHY should I be happy? If I hadn't gotten this fat I wouldn't have to even lose the weight in the first place!

Counting calories & weighing myself just reminds me that I'm fat. *sigh*

... Sorry to vent, I'm just stuck, and I don't know how to feel anymore

Replies

• mendogirl
    Options
    1. calm down.
    2. realize that you are a strong person that lost that much weight in the first place.
    3. love yourself.
    4. keep trying & in time results will come
  • c0untingsheep
    c0untingsheep Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    There are days where I want to give up too but I still keep going in hopes that it'll pay off one day. You can do it!
  • futurekilousky
    Options
    You should be happy because you are making a positive and healthy change! You are helping yourself and it's hard to acknowledge that because you are probably always used to putting yourself down( I know I am).

Hang in there and don't focus too much on the scale , you are doing awesome
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    You are completely normal. I have days where I'm proud of myself and think, "I'm looking good!" Then the NEXT day I'll beat myself up lamenting "why can't I do better, why do I still have fat here, here, and here?" Why? I've worked so hard, etc...

It's normal...

Just hang in there - take it one day at a time, one choice at at time.

In the mean time, watch your sugar, and really push the lean protein and the fiber. :)
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Get that scale away from you. Go hid it or something. What are your goals? If it is mainly the numbers on the scale then you need to start thinking up so other (small) fun ones! Pick a few and try to beat them each week or month. like walking or running distance, push ups, drinking water or making new dishes that are healthy and tasty, beating the amount of calories you burned the following week or meeting the calorie goal. Are you measuring your self too? I can tell big time in you before and after pic that you are much smaller and i have to add you have a great body shape. Curves in all the right places.
  • JatieKo621
    JatieKo621 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I totally understand your pain. It happens.

IT SUCKS. I was down to 130 and then went on vacation and am now back to 140-where I started!!!!
    It doesn't feel fair to work out so hard and then 14 days later have it be for nothing-but thats the thing, you have to remember that it WASNT for nothing. Now I know that I can work out and lose the weight and that I can't eat and drink whatever I want because I WILL gain. Just remember that you can do it, and that it will suck at times, but the feeling of accomplishment and happiness in the end IS SO WORTH IT.

So breathe, relax, and tomorrow is a new day and a new chance to make your life better. :)
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    the picture of the adorable boy in your weight loss ticker. if you need ONE reason to keep going...look at him :)

this is really hard work, but it is doable. find other fitness goals outside of the scale (inches lost, exercises accomplished, you took the stairs instead of the elevator, you played with your son doing something active instead of watching tv...any of those are successes in your fitness journey.

and yes...you want to do this now instead of waiting until you're my age...trust me. your body will thank you.
  • myiceisonfire
    myiceisonfire Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I think the big problem with me not actually caring that i lose 29lbs is that... it was only baby weight.

so now I'm back to where i was all those years before i got prego. =/ the weight i am now, this is what i'm use to... so it doesn't feel like I'm getting smaller. I've been this size for about 8 years. =/ so that's why losing the 29lbs doesn't really excited me.

not sure if that makes sense. can't think of another way to explain it
  • hyenagirl
    hyenagirl Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Keep at it! Please don't give up! Take weekly pictures! I gain 5 lbs and the scale barely budges off a lb from that, but I take pictures and they show me progress (and give me the motivation that I need).
  • myiceisonfire
    myiceisonfire Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Thanks =)