How to stay motivated when depression and anxiety is bad?

Options
2»

Replies

• PhoebeMiller25
    PhoebeMiller25 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    What are your advice on this?

My advice is to accept those days as your bad days. Tell yourself it's ok to let go of the dieting, exercise, or whatever while you're in these days. Focus on just what you absolutely need to do in your life such as your job. It's not going to ruin your progress. I think when you give yourself permission to feel like *kitten*, and to be unmotivated for a while, you will find it a bit easier to come out of it. And then continue on. This has been what's helped me cope with GAD/depression.
  • Lord_Vladimir
    Lord_Vladimir Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Talking with people who are going through the same strugle. For me this works the best. Feel free to add me, I'm a good listener.
  • Zeuggma
    Zeuggma Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    What are your advice on this?

My advice is to accept those days as your bad days. Tell yourself it's ok to let go of the dieting, exercise, or whatever while you're in these days. Focus on just what you absolutely need to do in your life such as your job. It's not going to ruin your progress. I think when you give yourself permission to feel like *kitten*, and to be unmotivated for a while, you will find it a bit easier to come out of it. And then continue on. This has been what's helped me cope with GAD/depression.

This. Acceptance changes everything. You could always let one day be a bad day, then try to make the next day not so bad.
  • iSpendLots
    iSpendLots Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    When I bottom, I don't feel like it will ever get better. I've been heavily medicated for a few years - BUT now I've been off of my meds for the last 2 months, and am doing better than ever. I'm back to eating healthier, exercising again, and reminding myself that it ALWAYS gets better. "This, too, shall pass." Just don't give up and before you know it, you'll be glad you didn't. (((hugzzz)))
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,832 Member
    Options
    Good company (People to talk with and laugh with) helps tremendously!!!
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,508 Member
    Options
    anxiety?

I just try to find something beautiful....

and then crush it with my bare hands.