Calorie deficit question

Options
Im trying to lose body fat so my calorie intake is 2600 and im trying to stay on a 500 deficit but through out the day im only consuming 2100-2300 cal sometimes a little more but never 2600.
I have a fitbit so with steps and my workouts at the gym it says im burning over 3000 cal.

Do i have to keep eating more to match my remaining calories from what mfp is saying? Or do i have to eat atleast 2600cal?

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Chances are it is okay. However, how many pounds per week did you choose to lose when setting up your profile?
  • WhiteFb6_Si
    WhiteFb6_Si Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    1lbs a week , i started my diet and working out 2 weeks ago and i lost 8lbs so im not sure if im losing body fat or muscle since im way under my calories burned
    jemhh wrote: »
    Chances are it is okay. However, how many pounds per week did you choose to lose when setting up your profile?

• TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Just watch your actual weight loss. If it's consistently more than 2 lbs per week then you need to make sure you eat more.
  • spallotta1
    spallotta1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    if after working out it continues to say "232 calories remaining" does that mean youre supposed to eat those remaining calories? because im supposed to be eating 1200 calories and even though I hit the target, with exercise it says to consume more and Im not sure if thats actually what its saying
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    spallotta1 wrote: »
    if after working out it continues to say "232 calories remaining" does that mean youre supposed to eat those remaining calories? because im supposed to be eating 1200 calories and even though I hit the target, with exercise it says to consume more and Im not sure if thats actually what its saying

Yes. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10503681/exercise-calories-do-i-eat-these-a-video-explanation