Wanting to lose almost 100 lbs and I need some "friends" hah

Options
I just joined MFP this past Friday and I'm looking for some other women out there in a similar situation as me.....I'm a 30 yr old wife and mother of 3 (my youngest is 12 weeks) who is trying to lose almost 100 lbs. Ack! It's daunting to think about and I know following along with others going through similar weight-loss journeys will really keep me motivated! I of course would love to be an encouragement to you as well!

So, if you think we could be a good support system to each other, I'd love to hear from you! Thanks :)

Replies

• gabrielleshannonhatt
    Options
    i want to lose between 80 and 100 pounds.
    add me if you'd like.
    we can help each other :)
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Log in every day, Track your Food and Exercise and you will meet Lots of people who are traveling the same Path as you are.
    Good Luck!!
  • progresseeker2311
    Options
    93 lbs here! add me! add me! :-)
  • watcherII
    watcherII Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    well, i'm a mom of 2 grown children (youngest is 19), and am trying to lose almost 70 lbs, will i do? LOL i've been on here for just over a week, and i love it! feel free to add me!
  • GeekMom17
    Options
    Add me! I'm a mom of 2 (Youngest 10 months) I'd love to give and get some more support! You're tiny baby is so cute!
  • luckygirlblue78
    Options
    Hiya! I've been here almost a week, I'm a 33 year old mother of a teenage girl and I'm looking at a 100 lb goal, too! Let's keep each other motivated! :D
  • budkow
    budkow Posts: 39
    Options
    I'm not a woman, but I have lost 136lbs, so I know what you're feeling. The best thing I can say is don't try and lose 100 lbs. Try to lose 1 pound. Then do it again a couple more times. Develop a pattern that you can stick with and don't worry about setbacks. Also, be careful of kids food. :-) I don't even realize when I'm snacking on goldfish, crackers, pizza crusts, or finishing their meal because "I don't want to throw it out" (or some such nonsense).
  • Kinda79
    Kinda79 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm in the same boat! I'm looking to lose about 90 lbs and I would love to add you to my group of friends.

You should check out this support forum that I am a part of the people there are amazing and most of them are on my friends list and my team challenges. We just started a Lots to Lose Challenge with teams that is really fun and we all help each other out! It's great! I will add the link for you to check out.

Hope to see you there!

Kinda :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/266915-100-lbs-to-lose-support-group
  • ruvenz
    ruvenz Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm a 28 year old that is looking to lose 100lbs. I decided before i wanted to start a family that i wanted to lose the weight for myself. For the first time in my life i want to be the skinny girl! I've started a program that is the first one that has been working for me! Anyone wanting to support and to be given support let me know!
  • sheelamay76
    Options
    Hi, just joined, I just turned 35, and I am mother to a 5 year old boy and a 7 1/2 week baby girl. I want to lose at least 100 lbs, but my ultimate goal is to lose 160 lbs. Anyone wanting a new friend - feel free to add me!!
  • Ssbischoff
    Options
    Hi! You can add me if you want! When I started I had 95 lbs to lose, but I am 19 lbs away. I am a mom of an 11 month old! I think I remember you said you are b/f and I am too!
  • Fighting4Healthy
    Fighting4Healthy Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I'm in the run for about 80 to 85 lbs...
  • Hily81
    Hily81 Posts: 24
    Options
    I'm not a woman, but I have lost 136lbs, so I know what you're feeling.
    The best thing I can say is don't try and lose 100 lbs. Try to lose 1 pound. Then do it again a couple more times.
    Develop a pattern that you can stick with and don't worry about setbacks. Also, be careful of kids food. :-) I don't even realize when I'm snacking on goldfish, crackers, pizza crusts, or finishing their meal because "I don't want to throw it out" (or some such nonsense).

Great advice!! Thanks so much for popping in and congrats on your weight-loss! That is awesome
  • mylife33
    mylife33 Posts: 72
    Options
    Wanting to lose 100+........so it would be great to share support!