Seem unable to lose weight

Options
Hi, Im 20yrs old, female, and fluctuating around 70kg.. I have been monitoring my food for just over 3 weeks, religiously weighing everything and scanning. Not once have I eaten over 1100 calories in a day. Been to the gym a couple of times, although not as much as I should/ would like to, as I have a busy life schedule.
I would have thought diet alone would shift a few pounds, as I have been cutting a lot of rubbish out of my life and not eating out often. No weight seems to be shifting and it is making me feel a little sad and desperate.

Any tips on why Im not losing or how I can lose would be much appreciated.

-also I am on the pill, which has been linked to weight gain.. I was qyite underweight before starting this.. unsure if this will alter my ability to lose weight also so if anyone knows anthing about that!

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    How tall are you? Do you sit in the healthy BMI range for your height?
  • Chaz997
    Chaz997 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    How tall are you? Do you sit in the healthy BMI range for your height?

Im 5’4” so Im considered overweight
  • Beaudom91
    Beaudom91 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm a similar size at 5.4 and started at 67kg, also used to be much lighter (gotta love pregnancy weight). Anyway, it took about a month before the scale started moving even though I was losing inches, which is easy to not notice especially if you lose fat in odd places first like me (arms, face and around my collar bones).

Just be patient, you're not very overweight and so the weight will come off much slower than someone that has lots to lose. It's just how our bodies work. 2kg a month is a good goal but give it at least 8 weeks to start seeing results
  • spiffychick85
    spiffychick85 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Give it time...Stick with it and you'll see the results
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing your food?
  • Chaz997
    Chaz997 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing your food?

Yes everything I can
  • 93pear93
    93pear93 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Be patient.
    It takes time, it's not a race.
    Basic thing count calories.
    When have you started your diet/program/cutting?
    Any results?
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    What are you eating in a typical day?
  • ttreit
    ttreit Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Give it time - keep it up for a couple of months and track your month to month progress. If you're at a deficit you will 100% lose fat over that time frame. As someone above mentioned that fat loss may not show up as weight loss because of water fluctuations or the fact that you're adding muscle but given enough time, if you're consistently eating at a deficit, it is 100% guaranteed you will lose weight.
  • JoLightensUp
    JoLightensUp Posts: 140 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »
    Why are you eating 1100 calories or less. That is barely enough food to do anything and probably causing additional stress on your body. You are young, there is no reason to eat so little calories. You can probably lose weight at higher calories, and it will be more sustainable.

I agree with this. I am the same height as you, had the same starting weight of 70kg, but I'm 48 and pretty sedentary apart from intentional exercise. I've been able to steadily lose 9kg in 4 months at around a pound a week on 1450 calories, plus extra that I earn from exercise. I eat all my exercise calories.

If your logging is accurate, I suspect you are stressing yourself by undereating and perhaps also by trying to do exercise that does not suit your busy life. Try upping your calories. Exercise is not necessary for weight loss, but many people find it helpful. I like it because it makes me feel good and gives me extra calories to eat. Is there something else you could do for exercise that won't put extra pressure on you? Even walking is great, or some Fitness Blender workouts at home might suit?
  • ugofatcat
    ugofatcat Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    OP would you be able to open for your food journal?