TOM and weight gain

Options
I take continous b/c so I hardly have to think about TOM ...but when I do, I notice that I gain around 3-4 pounds more. And that's when I'm watching what I eat and am drinking lots of water. If you lovely ladies don't mind me asking, how much weight do you put on and do you find that it falls off easily by the next week?

Replies

• katherines2230
    katherines2230 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    TOM was this week for me and at the highest I was up 5-6 pounds. Now I'm at 4 pounds. Weigh in day isn't for another 3 days so hopefully It will go back down. I was still drinking plenty of water, working out and eating right so It was a little upsetting at first!
  • wonnder1
    wonnder1 Posts: 460
    Options
    I swear, I'm the luckiest woman alive.

It's a very rare thing that I gain weight, or get cranky or crave junk. Mind you, I have mind-numbing cramps the entire time and live on Midol. So, I guess you don't get to pick your punishment...
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    last time i gained nothing (woo!) - this time we will see. Mine are very far apart and i've never been prone to severe PMS symptoms but today I am craving food like CRAZY so I think i'm close.
  • kleavitt1992
    kleavitt1992 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    im up 7 right now and it hasn't started yet lol but im usually up anywhere from 2-8lbs usually goes away 1-2days after the it ends on day 4 or 5
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    i have been known to gain 5 lbs during TOM. but yes it comes right off after a few days.
  • emereyda
    emereyda Posts: 22
    Options
    hmmm I still lost about 3 pounds that week... But I felt heavier, I couldnt run, my shins were just too heavy...
  • azingale
    azingale Posts: 74
    Options
    I gain up to 5 lbs (at least this month it was 5 at the worst) but it starts to disappear as soon as my period actually starts. It's the time leading up to it that is rotten. Once it starts, it all starts to go away along with the horrific cramps, so after the first day, I lost two pounds, and by yesterday morning I was back to normal.

Actually, this month was so bad I went for a massage (inexpensive massage at the mall - $1 a minute... I stayed for an hour...) I swear it helped not just with the cramps (so bad I tense other parts of my body) but with getting all that water weight moving out. Or maybe it's just wishful thinking... but it can't hurt!
  • missolesky
    Options
    I always gain around 6 pounds and lose that plus some two days after my TOM ends... it always freaks me out a second before I realize why
  • watcherII
    watcherII Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    water retention is one of the lovely side-effects of TOM. drinking plenty of water is a smart choice, because the less water you drink, the more your body holds onto it. you can ask your doc about diuretics, or just wait until your body naturally eliminates it. it's just one of the joys of being a woman!! watch your sodium intake as that will make you retain more. so, lot's of water, and say no to the salty food cravings. good luck!
  • kagekone
    kagekone Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I've been wondering about this too. It is almost time for my TOM and I'm afraid I'll gain weight. Not just because of water retention, but because I'll give in to my cravings for chocolate and cake:-S
  • spaingirl2011
    spaingirl2011 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Thanks, all! Glad to know that I'm not abnormal and that the weight will come off! Fortunately, my WI day is Monday, somI have some time to let things stabilize!
  • spaingirl2011
    spaingirl2011 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Kagekone, I love your pic! That story about the cake always cracks me up-- I also like "why I'll never be an adult" oh, and the fish story, too!
  • kagekone
    kagekone Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Kagekone, I love your pic! That story about the cake always cracks me up-- I also like "why I'll never be an adult" oh, and the fish story, too!

Thank you;-) I also really love her stories, but the one about the cake is my favorite:-D