To cleanse or not to cleanse?

Options
Hi everyone! I am new in the community! I’m finally going to take my fitness seriously! Yay! But the question that’s on my mind is do you absolutely have to cleanse before you start your fitness journey!? Does it make you lose weight faster if you start it before jumping in a routine workout? I’ve tried the ten day green cleanse a million times and never conquered it. But I think if I try again I can do it right this time. I just know in the book she suggested no workouts during the ten day cleanse. Does anyone know personally weather to cleanse or not to :) I hope this wasn’t a stupid question! Have a good day ! Thanks in advance

Replies

• jinxxxfit
    jinxxxfit Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    A cleanse is not only 100% completely unnecessary, as you have found it can actually hinder your efforts for fitness and weight loss. By making it this hurdle you feel you have to jump before you can start being healthier, you set yourself up to fail. Just get started on the plan you intend to follow long term and forget the bullcrap cleanse.
    thank you !!!!!

• jinxxxfit
    Options
    I usually shower after my fitness journey, not before.

Lol I’m sorry I was talking about cleanse as in detoxing the body
  • jinxxxfit
    Options
    True
  • jinxxxfit
    Options
    Thanks for the answers and insights
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is about a calorie deficit. Just start with giving MFP your information. Get a reasonable calorie goal not the most extreme. Log as accurately as you can. Eat food you like in appropriate amounts for you.

Read the stickied posts in the forums. They have useful information.

A cleanse is not necessary to start losing weight or lose faster. You do not detox your body when you do a cleanse.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Maintaining a healthy and varied population of gut bacteria is very important. Cleanses tend to damage that population. Cleanses are, in general, a bad idea. Save the cleansing for your post-50 decennial colonoscopies.

(For my last colonoscopy, the anesthesiologist let me stay awake enough to get a glimpse of my colon on the monitor. It was pink, and clean and shiny. Cool!)
  • sutt0117
    sutt0117 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Good question! I have to admit, I've definitely slowed my stroll in the grocery store to look at the different juice presses/cleanses out of curiosity. After all, they're supposed to be the epitome of health, right?! ;) Save your money, drink some water, and get started on your goals with actual whole foods. You will feel and be much more successful. :)
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    If your liver and kidneys aren't working some disgusting juice mix isn't going to fix it - that's something a doctor would need to treat. A cleanse is absolutely something you should NOT waste your time with.