CHALLENGE: Today is the day to record your pre-thanksgiving weight!

Options
I'm aiming not to gain weight over the Thanksgiving week. I'm using a 4-day moving average to calculate daily weight. (Weighing in the morning, after toilet, in underwear.)

Start weight is the average of the past 4 days: (11/16-19)

End weight will be the average of the 4 days starting next Sunday: (11/26-29)

Goal: Same weight (or lower) within .2 pounds (that's about the accuracy of my scale, I find).

(I don't want to rely on my weight on any particular day, but a 4-day rolling average seems to work pretty well.)

I plan to have a fantastic weekend with family. No skimping on that!

I plan to exercise for at least an hour every day this week (with family, if possible), including today. Some days will just be walks, but that's great!

Join me!

Replies

• jemalme
    jemalme Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

Start weight: 137

Goal: 135

I plan to continue my regular walking schedule (4 to 5 half-hours walks per week) plus aim to hit 10,000 steps per day. This is the first year in a long time that I am not cooking Thanksgiving dinner myself, so I will have no control over ingredients or food served. Am planning to enjoy the company of good friends!
  • fitand50inSD
    fitand50inSD Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I will play.

Last 4 day average: 127.9
    Goal: 127.9 or lower
    Exercise:
    M, W, F weight lifting 45 minutes minimum
    Tues. Pilates class
    All days except Thanksgiving walk a minimum of 3 miles.

Challenge: doing almost all the cooking for 25 people for 3 days
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    I can't play, Canada has already had thanksgiving.

Cheers, h.
  • vanmep
    vanmep Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Thanksgiving day is long gone (Canada)
  • wowmanacat
    wowmanacat Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Well being that I am just getting started with the weight loss I will start with today's weight of 163.3. I am not cooing this year and will be going to a buffet for Thanksgiving dinner so wish me luck.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    There is a greater likelihood of water weight gain due to high carbs and high sodium than there is of actual fat gain in 4 days.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Luckily Thanksgiving is a day, not 4. I aim to go into it at 139 and come out of it at 139. To counteract the extra food, I’ll start my day with a 10 miler. That banks me about 500 calories to be made up with red wine and pie. The rest of the menu isn’t that different from my daily routine anyway. Enjoy everyone.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I lost four pounds over Thanksgiving and eat well. Yay!
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    Oh no, it's not looking good for me in this challenge. I'm up a couple of pounds. Might not come off until end of week.

BTW: I've eaten no mashed potatoes or pie crust. Lots of everything else.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    Conclusion for me: up by one pound!

It's been a wake up call and I've been running a calorie deficit all week with fairly rapid results and I am back at my goal weight today. Whew!

I also found out that MFP doesn't always properly record your weight. Several entries were lost from the last month, although I'm positive I made an entry just about every day. I'm now in the habit of making the entry, then checking a few minutes later to make sure it's recorded. I've also complained (I'm a premium member). Meh.
  • fitand50inSD
    fitand50inSD Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    11/16-11/19 average: 127.9
    11/26-11/29 average: 127.05
    Goal was to be 127.9 or lower. Goal met - down .85 lbs
    I did not make healthy food choices and need to get back to eating the foods that are good for me and make me feel good.

Met my exercise goals:
    M, W, F weight lifting 45 minutes minimum
    Tues. Pilates class
    All days except Thanksgiving walk a minimum of 3 miles.

Thank you for putting the challenge out here. It kept me accountable! I would be happy to play again when we get to the Christmas holiday. :smiley: