God I hate Planks!

Options
But they do such fantastic things for me!

Just curious-what's your most hated exercise that you couldn't drop out of your routine? I just need some laughs while I try to get the feeling back in my body...

Replies

• lmanzi219
    lmanzi219 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    LUNGES!!! i haaaate them but I am always sore the next day so they work!
  • AudgePaudge
    AudgePaudge Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    LOL I hate planks too!! And push ups!! Oh and crunches!! And lunges!! But...they all do the body good, so I'll keep doing them!!
  • Lauren38570
    Options
    LOL when I do the 6 week six pack dvd I have to leave off side planks , can't do it!!!!
  • Rompa_87
    Rompa_87 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Levers!!! So damn evil

That and bulgarian split squats :/
  • spaingirl2011
    spaingirl2011 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Burpees. I know they're good for me but they make me want to die.
  • DragonSkip
    DragonSkip Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Stride Jumps... I now have shin splints and having to substitute lower impact stuff for my whole workout. Thought I hated mountain climbers but did ok with those today!
  • MsMe79
    MsMe79 Posts: 54
    Options
    Star jumps! I hate them so so much, and I know I'm going to be doing lots of them tonight with my trainer!!!
  • Angel1066
    Angel1066 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I hate star jumps worse exercise ever invented, it make me look ridiculous every time i attempt them.
  • brittg7
    brittg7 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    i hate hate hate push ups ...but i do them...im getting better too...they just hurt my shoulders oh so much
  • wonnder1
    wonnder1 Posts: 460
    Options
    Levers!!! So damn evil

That and bulgarian split squats :/

I do not know what a Bulgarian Split Squat is, but it sounds as fantastic as a Burpee!

I make my Tai-Jitsu kids do Burpees and they LOVE them. I love the look on the parents faces as they watch these 7 year olds do things that we've all grown to hate. I wish I could go to the gym and do them like the kids do. The final jump up they all scream "Burpee" and laugh.
  • change_happens
    Options
    squats
  • tanyaMax
    tanyaMax Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I actually enjoy Planks..walking planks :0) i hate Lunges
  • Wakx
    Wakx Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Keep practicing!!

One day, perhaps, you can do with Yuri van Gelder does best (hope the hyperlink is allowed):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVDHBQUd4Kc&feature=related
  • rharris86dc
    rharris86dc Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    LOL @ the kids doing burpees. I wish I was a kid again: anything with a funny sounding name was always awesome, lol

But yeah, burpees suck. Also just found out that pushing a sled is not my thing, lol
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    i hate start jumps wouldn't be so bad but i gotta hold on to bits that fly around on me so i can't really use my hands lol
  • wonnder1
    wonnder1 Posts: 460
    Options

bulgarian_split_squat.jpg?1248239264
    That looks...there are no words. How do you not cry like a girl? Now, if you finished that set off with a burpee I'd be impressed.

btw-links are absolutely allowed, as long as you don't send me to the "exercises for nudists" site.
  • Rompa_87
    Rompa_87 Posts: 291 Member
    Options

bulgarian_split_squat.jpg?1248239264
    That looks...there are no words. How do you not cry like a girl? Now, if you finished that set off with a burpee I'd be impressed.

btw-links are absolutely allowed, as long as you don't send me to the "exercises for nudists" site.

It hurts like hell that's for sure. I normally superset it with either step-ups or bench jumps too :/

Maybe one day I will be lord of the still rings. That video makes me feel so weak in comparison
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    Jumping jacks. I've gotten pretty good at them now, thanks to Jillian but I still don't like them.
    I enjoy planks. I do planks. Planks are cool.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    the 100 press up challenge is making me hate press ups... i have no upper body strength!!
  • JeninBelgium
    JeninBelgium Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    funny that so many people dislike Jumping jacks/ star jumps
    I used to love love love them as a child and now I cannot even do them ( i am jump impaired) _ I do jennifer jacks or, I suppose in UK terms, star jennifers - same arm movement, one leg at a time