Fasting and diet.

Options
The month of Ramadan Started and The holy month of Ramadan is a time of fasting, prayer, reflection and acts of charity for Muslims everywhere. in which participating Muslims refrain from eating and drinking during daylight hours and is intended to teach Muslims about patience, spirituality, humility and submissiveness to God. Nowadays the Fast start from 3:45 Am (Approx) and Ends at 20:45 (Approx).

its my 2nd day i am fasting and i dont miss the food ...

Replies

• jbootman
    jbootman Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Ramadan Mubarak,

It is interesting this year for my fast, although honestly it has just started, but I have rather submitted to it rather than fight it, it just feels so much simpler, easier,

so best of wishes to you on your fast,

may A give us all strength,

julienne
  • Shabawan
    Shabawan Posts: 37
    Options
    Ameen ..... it is 19 hours fast here in Britain...but still fun :)
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Depending how long you have been doing it, I am sure the body gets more used to it... my husband always says after a week it's ok. He's been fasting for almost 20 years.
    I fasted a few years ago, and rather than the food, I missed water. It's 16.5 hours here, and last night after Iftar my husband went to the gym.
    Good luck
  • wonnder1
    wonnder1 Posts: 460
    Options
    I saw a thread on here for a Ramadan group, if you searched I'm sure it would come up. It can't hurt to talk to like minded people.

I find different cultural things interesting, so I'm kind of a fly on the wall of it.