Polar HRM

Options
Which type of Polar do you all recommend? I am looking for one that will tell me how many calories burned and in what zones. Any thoughts?

Replies

• bgelliott
    bgelliott Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I would get a bodybugg. That's what I used and it was way better than any of the polar HRM
  • VegGrrl
    VegGrrl Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I have an FT7 and I love it. Plus, it works with the cardio machines at my gym...
  • Shelle68
    Shelle68 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    bump
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I have an FT40 and love it
  • nickscutie
    nickscutie Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I have an FT60 - loves it.
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I love my polar ft7. It syncs with the elliptical, but not with any of the other cardio equipment. Highly recommend it!
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I have an ft4 - very simple to use, reliable as it always picks up a signal without interference and it works with the cardio machines too
  • jagoochie
    jagoochie Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    ft4 - has heart rate, calories and zones... very good :)
  • alibeany
    alibeany Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have a FT4- brilliant
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Polar FT7 and up is what you are looking for.

The FT4 doesn't tell you the zones I believe.. it just tells you what heart rate you are supposed to be in-between. I don't think it actually tells you if its fat burning or fitness.
  • mefeight1964
    mefeight1964 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Bump! :)
  • AleckColby
    Options
    Hey!
    i love my Polar FT 80 very easy to set up and operate!!
    ALeck
  • martinh78
    martinh78 Posts: 601
    Options
    Slightly off topic, but I have a heart rate monitor with my rower and can't get it to work. Works if I press it into my chest, but even with the strap painfully tight it doesn't work. Press it lightly onto my chest and it does?

Any ideas?

Back on topic, I'd like a watch type monitor for cycling as well. Any of the heart rate monitors act as an interval timer as well?

Thanks, Martin
  • kdm97
    kdm97 Posts: 111
    Options
    bump
  • MacSkillz
    MacSkillz Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I just recently got a Polar FT4 and I love it!! It's just a basic HRM that shows you your heart rate, calories burned, if you are within the zone to really be burning calories, time. The one and only thing I don't like about it is the color. haha
  • mowu
    mowu Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I know that a lot of people here really like the Polar FT4 (and the entire FT series for that matter) - but try taking a look at the Polar RS100.

It's pretty much the same as the Polar RS200 which I've had since 2005 and I love it immensely. I've had to have the batteries in the watch changed twice and in the transmitter once (just recently).