Do you go on starvation?

Options
2»

Replies

• noelheart
    Options
    I am full yet it says I am going to go into starvation mode. I think 2 eggs for breakfast a lean cuisine for lunch and a lean cuisine for dinner followed by 1 and a half cups of cucumber with Italian dressing and as a snack a yoplait 100 calorie parfait is by far starving myself!

I don't think the term "starvation mode" is very helpful or accurate. The way I look at is like this:
    If you consistently eat low calories then your body will probably slow down your metabolism in order to cope with those low calories. Your body needs good fuel to perform all the basic functions like breathing and digesting and walking around as well as actual exercise, work etc. Depriving yourself of calories and good nutrition isn't going to do you any favors in the long term.
    The meals you describe aren't going to "starve" you, but it is probably very low calorie and doesnt sound like enough to be healthy in the long term.

I agree with you. Exercising more is the more effective mode. But there still many people are suffering starvation for weight losing. And I find out some slim people even eat more than those who are fat in daily life. Some people are easily to gain fat while others are not.

As for me, my younger sister is thinner than me, but she eat more than me.
  • ♚SuperHeather♚
    Options
    I am full yet it says I am going to go into starvation mode. I think 2 eggs for breakfast a lean cuisine for lunch and a lean cuisine for dinner followed by 1 and a half cups of cucumber with Italian dressing and as a snack a yoplait 100 calorie parfait is by far starving myself!

I don't think the term "starvation mode" is very helpful or accurate. The way I look at is like this:
    If you consistently eat low calories then your body will probably slow down your metabolism in order to cope with those low calories. Your body needs good fuel to perform all the basic functions like breathing and digesting and walking around as well as actual exercise, work etc. Depriving yourself of calories and good nutrition isn't going to do you any favors in the long term.
    The meals you describe aren't going to "starve" you, but it is probably very low calorie and doesnt sound like enough to be healthy in the long term.

I agree with you. Exercising more is the more effective mode. But there still many people are suffering starvation for weight losing. And I find out some slim people even eat more than those who are fat in daily life. Some people are easily to gain fat while others are not.

As for me, my younger sister is thinner than me, but she eat more than me.

Well along with eating that I also burned over 600 calories running. So I am not just eating small and not exercising. If my body is telling me that I am full why should I stuff it more?!? I didn't listen to my body before and was eating well over 4000 calories a day.
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Sounds like she's Anorexia to me.