Fat Loss

Options
Have a big softball tryout in December and have about 18% body fat.. a portion of the tryout consists of running for time and I have been going light on the weight (I don’t want to add anymore muscle on) but I need to lose about 5-10 more lbs. What are some circuit workouts I could start doing? I consider myself advanced when it comes to working out and my eating habits are healthy

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    If you want to lose weight you need to be in a calorie deficit - "eating healthy" doesn't mean you're eating less than your body needs.

Have you got a calorie goal for weight loss? Do you log all of your food accurately (weighing all solids, measuring all liquids?)

It's unlikely you'd lose 5-10lbs by December, but that doesn't mean you can't get fit. Why not start running more if that's what your trial involves?
  • jessjuggem
    jessjuggem Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am consuming a little over 1500 calories a day which is my calorie deficit.. I measure and weigh my food accurately, track my macros. I have more muscle than fat and would like to keep that but could lose more fat. I do run sprints I.e. interval training
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure I understand. Is your fat loss goal related to the running? If I were already lean and preparing for a physical exam or tryout, I'd focus on fueling my performance, not getting leaner.