All that in a chicken?

Options
2»

Replies

• Tariq_1997
    Tariq_1997 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    mvergotis wrote: »
    The roast chickens are an easy meal option, and obviously removing the skin is a good plan to avoid some fat and salt. Might want to avoid the drumsticks though as well and watch the portion control (400g=14oz... probably should be no more than 4-5oz)

I always take skin off.
    Lol that's how i eat chicken cause i know 4 oz is like tasting it lol i don't feel full
  • Tariq_1997
    Options
    If health and satiety is a goal for you, why did you take the skin off, and why did you still eat so much? You aren't responding well to our well-intended warnings, but there's really nothing we can do. My personal experience with MFP has been nothing but positive - the way you are using the tools and reacting to the feedback, is alarming. This isn't good for you. Please, please, seek professional help!

I took everything off and yes i wonna eat healthy but is eating 400 grams of chicken that bad? I know people who go to gyn and eat more?
    Why is it not healthy to eat that amount of chicken?
    And do you think 3 oz of chicken will be enough for a 107 KGs man.
  • Tariq_1997
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    This sounds odd. Why would you buy a roasted chicken stuffed with mashed potatoes if you do not plan to eat it accordingly? Was this on sale or something?

Nah, but some times you don't have time to cook yourself a meal so u just buy anything unless you have ur mama to cook for you!
    You know what it means
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    that is almost 1 pound of chicken. you do know that moderation is acceptable, right?
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Tariq_1997 wrote: »
    If health and satiety is a goal for you, why did you take the skin off, and why did you still eat so much? You aren't responding well to our well-intended warnings, but there's really nothing we can do. My personal experience with MFP has been nothing but positive - the way you are using the tools and reacting to the feedback, is alarming. This isn't good for you. Please, please, seek professional help!

I took everything off and yes i wonna eat healthy but is eating 400 grams of chicken that bad? I know people who go to gyn and eat more?

Assuming it has nothing else added but the chicken -- which is EXTREMELY unlikely -- 400 g of a chicken (mixed parts) is about 950 cal. Without the skin it would be 760 cal, BUT you have to add back some fat that would have gotten into the chicken from being cooked with the skin, I'd add another 100 cal, probably. Seems like a huge amount of calories for just one component of one meal, and if you aren't eating anything else with it, not very balanced, but over the course of your day maybe it makes sense, beats me. Seems wasteful, though, and I'd make sure to read the ingredients.
  • Tariq_1997
    Options
    nowine4me wrote: »
    Huh? You stuffed a chicken with mashed potatoes?

Lmfaoo no! Just focus when reading lol it was stuffed already
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Personally I might recommend 6 oz of chicken (170 g), with or without skin, some vegetables, and maybe some potato. But again, depends on what else you are eating that day and your total calories.
  • Tariq_1997
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    He bought a precooked chicken in a package that was stuffed with mashed potatoes even though he didn't want the skin on the chicken or the potatoes.

So what? Tell me what is wrong with it? As i typed before if you got no one to cook for you and u got no time you'll get anything to eat!
  • Tariq_1997
    Options
    that is almost 1 pound of chicken. you do know that moderation is acceptable, right?

I usually eat large amounts of chicken, fish, lean steaks, some seeds. I never had any problems with that and i still lose weight.
  • Tariq_1997
    Options

Assuming it has nothing else added but the chicken -- which is EXTREMELY unlikely -- 400 g of a chicken (mixed parts) is about 950 cal. Without the skin it would be 760 cal, BUT you have to add back some fat that would have gotten into the chicken from being cooked with the skin, I'd add another 100 cal, probably. Seems like a huge amount of calories for just one component of one meal, and if you aren't eating anything else with it, not very balanced, but over the course of your day maybe it makes sense, beats me. Seems wasteful, though, and I'd make sure to read the ingredients.

I would say it about 700 calories, i had some Brazilian sauce which i think it was like 100 grams and nothing else.
    The reason i had that is because the day before i stayed up till the morning and slept. Woke up at almost 4:30 pm so i had that amount and nothing else till the other day.
  • Tariq_1997
    Options
    Personally I might recommend 6 oz of chicken (170 g), with or without skin, some vegetables, and maybe some potato. But again, depends on what else you are eating that day and your total calories.

Usually i eat 300-400 grams of chicken with veggies and a small bottle of water
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    So you are practicing IF?
  • ZoneFive
    ZoneFive Posts: 570 Member
    Options

I usually eat large amounts of chicken, fish, lean steaks, some seeds. I never had any problems with that and i still lose weight.

Then why are you asking if it's okay to eat this chicken?
  • HellYeahItsKriss
    HellYeahItsKriss Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    "I always take the skin off".... i just..... I can't... If i dated someone who threw out the skin... I would just break up with them while they had a piece of chicken breast in their mouth.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options

I would say it about 700 calories, i had some Brazilian sauce which i think it was like 100 grams and nothing else.
    The reason i had that is because the day before i stayed up till the morning and slept. Woke up at almost 4:30 pm so i had that amount and nothing else till the other day.

So why are you asking?
  • Tariq_1997
    Options
    ZoneFive wrote: »

Then why are you asking if it's okay to eat this chicken?

I didn't mean if it's okay, the question was about the nutrition facts in this chicken because it had alpt of fat...
  • Tariq_1997
    Options
    "I always take the skin off".... i just..... I can't... If i dated someone who threw out the skin... I would just break up with them while they had a piece of chicken breast in their mouth.

Lol it's delicious but it has lots of fat and i was told by the doctor not to eat it.. *kitten* hell lmfao
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,698 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I am a little bit confused with where this discussion is going.

I have most certainly either eaten the skin or not eaten the skin. And sorry Kriss, even if you throw me out on my *kitten*, not eating the skin is absolutely acceptable!!!

Mixed rotisserie chicken from which you're only eating the flesh can probably be summed up as a rough estimate at 1 calorie per gram of cooked weight before de-bonning and de-skinning. Or about two calories per gram of cleaned chicken meat.

I can assure you that I ate several half chicken meals both in restaurants and at home while I was actively losing weight... and it doesn't seem to have caused me any particular harm.

Wanting to figure out the approximate calories for restaurant half chicken meals led me to some food play time.

www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/PAV8888/view/playing-with-my-food-rotisserie-chicken-740932

A reminder that that was only 5 months into me using mfp so my precision and choice of entries who is only approximate :-)

And yes I would most certainly advocate a pound or so of vegetables or salad like stuff to go with the chicken!!!
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,986 Member
    Options

Lol it's delicious but it has lots of fat and i was told by the doctor not to eat it.. *kitten* hell lmfao

Why are you worrying about what you're eating when you can apparently get rid of your fat a** by laughing? Does it work for other body parts?
  • HellYeahItsKriss
    HellYeahItsKriss Posts: 906 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options

Yeah.. I wouldn't even pay no mind to that.

I buy boneless skinless chicken 95% of the time.. So when I buy rotisserie chicken or a turkey you are damn right I am eating that skin. Screw that lol life's too short.