Despite trying to not eat a lot of breads....Flat bread pizz

Options
With gluten free homemade flatbread dough I think it's not so bad on the calorie counter but i have yet to calculate it:

My 3 favs:
-Pesto, roasted garlic, and sweet pepper
-roasted pear, arugula, and shaved parmesan
-and my favorite: candied bacon (very little), braised fennel, roasted fig and goat cheese.

If anyone wants specific recipes (dough, candies bacon, etc.) feel free to message me

Replies

• tanyabeee
    tanyabeee Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious!
  • RoanneRed
    RoanneRed Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I do my homemade pizzas on small wholemeal pita breads - my toppings are nowhere near as gourmet as yours though!
  • patrick323
    Options
    It's VERY easy actually.

The dough i use is a "no knead recipe" yes it gets slightly messy with the flour but you can refrigerate the dough for up to 12 days or so and pinch off a small handfull whenever you'd like to make one.

Being a thin "neapolitan" authentic recipe, you set your oven on as high as it will possibly go...and takes only like 4 or 5 minutes in a 500 degree oven. ideally it'd be a wood-fired 1000+ degree over and cook in a minute.

A pizza stone is kind of a must but i think they arent expensive

2-3/4 cups lukewarm water
    1-1/2 tablespoon granulated yeast (2 packets)
    1-1/2 tablespoons Kosher salt
    1 tablespoon sugar
    1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
    6-1/2 cups unbleached flour, gluten free is of course healthier.

mix the yeast, salt, sugar, and olive oil with the water with a wooden spoon or a fancy appliance if you have that
    Mix in the flour without kneading. add more flour if it's a bit wet still
    Transfer dough to large (5 quart) bowl or lidded food container. Cover (not airtight), and allow to rest at room temperature until dough rises and collapses (or flattens on top), approximately 2 hours.
    The dough can be used immediately after the initial rise, though it is easier to handle when cold. Refrigerate in a lidded (not airtight) container and use over the next 12 days.
    Roll it or stretch it as thin as you can without breaking it. Who cares if it's a perfect circle. no gourmet pizza I've had was.

What makes all the difference between a good or bad pizza is the quality of the ingredients. The best cheese, a simple homemade sauce (canned imported marzano tomatoes simmered with some garlic, onion and basil). The fancy stuff is kinda like..whatever you choose!
  • pitapocket
    pitapocket Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    bump