Replies

• minadeathclutch
    minadeathclutch Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    you may be overtraining. which is BAD.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    Try and eat about 1400 a day and then slowly work your way down to 1200 a day. Thats about how much I eat and I lose about a pound a week. You need to get in some exercise. Go work out with your friend or just go for about a 30 min walk a day. You need about 30 mins of exercise each day. Drink lots of water as well. About 6-8 cups a day. Stay away from sodas and coffee. Make sure you're not just paying attention to your calorie intake but everything else as well. Cut down on sodium and sugar. Those are killers. Don't deprive yourself of foods you want. Eat what you want just in moderation. I find myself able to eat whatever I like and stay under my calorie goal as long as I only eat the serving size. Don't cry and don't give up. You can do this!

NO! This is a common misunderstanding among people who do not realize the caloric requirements of lean muscle mass. Do not restrict your calories any lower!! You actually need to eat more. Long-term restricting of calories leads to yo-yoing and progressive weight gain. It is unsustainable for a lifetime. You need to learn how to eat for your lifetime.

Here is a fantastic thread that will help you understand what is likely happening to you right now:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/196502-for-the-people-who-work-out-like-crazy-and-are-not-losing?hl=for+people+who+work+out+like+crazy

blessings.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    You need to eat more. If you ate the full allotted amount plus most of your exercize calories you would probably find the weight would easily come right off of you and you too could eat fun stuff.
  • shintayl
    shintayl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I agree with the many people that have already replied....you are not eating enough. I stopped loosing weight when I did the same thing and when I started meeting my minimum calories for the day...I started loosing weight again. Don't cry, stay positive, I hope this helps.
  • 125isthedream8D
    Options
    I'm sure if you listen to these great helpful comments you'll see results(:
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Looks like you've gotten some good advice. Just wanted to tell you that you look really pretty in your profile pic. Good luck to you.
  • plantobefit
    plantobefit Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I too am having the same issue and the replies to your post has helped. I will try this and see how it works! Thanks to all for the advice!
    Plantobefit
  • tem1100
    tem1100 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    read the book ultra metabolism. Every one in our office is losing weight because of thie book. If you don't take in MORE calories than your resting metabolic rate (RMR)but LESS than your active metabolic rate you WILL NOT Lose becuase your body thinks it's starving and goes into conservation mode. I have ADDED healthy calories to my diet that keeps me above my RMR and I have LOST 3 lbs in two weeks! Seems counter intuitive until your understand our bodies. Have faith!!
  • fitby2012
    fitby2012 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you need to eat more calories. 1400 calories would barely cover your calorie deficit after 2-3 hours of exercise. I would scale back my workouts to 45-75 minutes and up my calories if I were you.
  • jlynncp
    jlynncp Posts: 5
    Options
    Don't lose hope. Sometimes it just comes off slowly. Check out the pics under my profile. I've lost a total of 110 pounds but it's been SLOW!! I lose on average around a pound a month. Just remember that every little bit adds up.
  • jaqui71
    jaqui71 Posts: 14
    Options
    I hope you are feeling better,I know how you feel I have been running/walking an average of 5km 6 times a week since January and still can't lose the weight, I sometime cry while I am running because I know nothing is working. Lets hope things look up for both of us
  • lcarter25
    lcarter25 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I almost feel like some people work to hard.

Please remember your body is not a machine working out 6 days a week leaves your body no time to re cooperate, plus if your not fuelling it correctly it will not function at its best
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    you should try eating all your calories, and some of your exercise ones. your goal is 1600 not 1200, so eat the 1600!!
  • Frannswaz
    Frannswaz Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I weigh 243...workout 2-3 hours 6 days a week... my calorie goal is 1620...not including exercise calories...I eat around 1400 cals a day and I'm not loosing. My friend who works out 1 hour a day is loosing more than me and she eats fun stuff. Please help. Tonight I ate out of frustration (still managed to stay around 1400, but I feel like crap) but usually I try to stay between 1200 & 1400.

Please tell me how to loose weight.

Ya gotta eat luv! You love exercise right so give your body the fuel for it. You'll see results try not to stress....it will come off and when it does tankini - here you come. Saw that on your profile keep that in mind...
  • SuperScrabbleGirl
    SuperScrabbleGirl Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Work out when you can. Eat sensibly when you are hungry. Also, don't worry too much about starvation mode, it's not so easy to get there as people would have you believe. Read this thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/81391-starvation-mode-myths-and-science
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Eat more, and give your body a rest. 2-3 hours a day is a LOT of exercising. Try doing 30 minutes of strength training (pushups, crunches, etc. if you dont' have access to weights) 3 days a week, with some cardio 2 or 3 days and at least 1 day of rest. You're asking your body to keep working so hard without enough fuel. If you ask your car to drive cross-country on one tank of gas, what happens? It's gonna stop going. That's what happens to your body too. Fuel it with healthy food and enough calories to function, and you'll see a positive change.
  • CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I weigh 243...workout 2-3 hours 6 days a week... my calorie goal is 1620...not including exercise calories...I eat around 1400 cals a day and I'm not loosing. My friend who works out 1 hour a day is loosing more than me and she eats fun stuff. Please help. Tonight I ate out of frustration (still managed to stay around 1400, but I feel like crap) but usually I try to stay between 1200 & 1400.

Please tell me how to loose weight.

If you are eating LESS than your daily calorie allowance AND working out like a maniac AND not eating back your exercise calories your body is in starvation mode.

No if's and but's, you are eating too little to sustain your body!
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    If you are eating LESS than your daily calorie allowance AND working out like a maniac AND not eating back your exercise calories your body is in starvation mode.

No if's and but's, you are eating too little to sustain your body!
    Agreed! MFP recommended you 1620 as that's the target for someone of YOUR height and weight to lose weight. You also need to eat back most of your exercise calories. It sounds backwards, but eating more will work!

Working out 2-3 hours a day is waaay too much, your body won't have time to repair itself. Try reducing the time but upping the intensity and take at least one day a week as rest, or active rest (walking or swimming etc.)