Cutting Water Weight

Options
How would I go about cutting water weight in the most healthiest way? I try to stay away from supplements. I am wanting to lose about 10 more lbs and honestly I do believe it’s water weight being that I do carry a lot of muscle

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Water weight comes and goes naturally. What you need is a calorie deficit to lose a little fat weight. That's what makes a difference.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Your body needs water. Water is healthy. Attempting to lose water weight just to weigh less is a silly idea, and something you'd only want to attempt in certain circumstances (like trying to make weight for a comp)

Having muscle doesnt mean you don't have fat. Without knowing any stats or seeing pics it's impossible to say...

This^^

What purpose does it serve to get rid of the water your body needs?
    It will pass the water when it is finished with it.

• TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Give it three or four weeks. If it hasn't gone away on it's own by then then it isn't "water weight."
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    unless you are weighing in for a fight or competition, there is no point in trying to drop water weight. as others said, calorie deficit for fat loss.
  • g_poleman
    g_poleman Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You didn’t mention it but do you have edema? I know when I consume very high carb high sodium for a little my period I can gain 5 lbs overnight. However once back to a normal diet and lots of water it then flushes out fast. Try upping your water intake. Sounds odd but tends to work.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    jessjuggem wrote: »
    honestly I do believe it’s water weight being that I do carry a lot of muscle

you don't want muscle that isn't nice and juicy, believe me. unless there's some reason for wanting it that i don't know about . . . stringy beef-jerky muscle tissue is not only uncomfortable, it's also just not as functional.

if it is your muscles that are 'carrying' the water, then losing the water will shrink the muscles while making no changes to the rest of you. idk if that's the effect that you're looking for either. aside from that: what others have said.

• GemstoneofHeart
    GemstoneofHeart Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Water doesn’t matter. Your body needs excess water for various reasons and loses it at times as well. It makes no difference other than on the scale. I wouldn’t worry about it unless you are a professional body builder with an upcoming competition.