How does the app help in maintaining weight?

Options
Hello, I've lost over 30lbs with the MyFitnessPal app and am now approaching my goal. I feel a lot lighter, slimmer and have been so pleased about going through my wardrobe and getting rid of clothes which are far too big for me. My question is now that I'm approaching my goal, can the app help me to maintain my healthy goal weight? Does the app automatically know that I've now reaching my goal and adapt accordingly? Thanks.

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Put your settings on your profile to Maintain.

Continue to use the app correctly.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,690 Member
    Options
    The main way MFP keeps me from regaining the weight I lost is that it keeps me mindful of what I'm eating. I think twice about whether I really want to eat dessert or a snack or an extra beer. It is really easy to eat just a little bit extra here and a little bit there until you find the pounds creeping back. When I track, I can't pretend that a donut here and a bowl of ice cream there don't matter. Yes, I may still eat them, but not every day and only with some trade-offs. And if I gain weight, I can look back and see that I went over my calories on x days, and that's why.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    The app only knows what you tell it. Log your weight in the app regularly and switch your goal to maintain. Do as it says unless you are losing or gaining, and then adjust accordingly