To all the women - maybe TMI

Hey!

Do you find that your body weight fluctuates with your cycle? I find that I gain about 5lbs at certain points which comes back off straight away when it has finished. Is this normal? Do you discard your weight for that week and wait till the week after?

Replies

• jesienia
    jesienia Posts: 294
    It's normal...just water weight. I normally gain around 3 lbs during that time of the month.

Oh and I wait until the week after to weigh since I know I'll be a bit heavier.
  • vicidoesstuff
    vicidoesstuff Posts: 214 Member
    It's perfectly natural for your weight to fluctuate around that time. I still log it because it helps me understand what my weight is doing and the patterns that emerge. I wouldn't ignore a week just because you know it's cause.
  • lydt5880
    lydt5880 Posts: 90 Member
    The same thing happens to me every month. I gain approx 3-7lbs a week before TOTM and it comes off as soon s i finish. I think it is water retention.
    =)
  • LylaFaii
    LylaFaii Posts: 52
    Cool! Thanks guys x
  • haylz24
    haylz24 Posts: 225
    Yeah! My tummy looks bigger atm. It's just water. There are pills that can help.
  • Sarah_uk
    Sarah_uk Posts: 209
    I usually stay the same/gain for about 10 days and then lose a big number. I've been monitoring my weight almost daily for the last 5 months,so the pattern is very clear.
  • andreacord
    andreacord Posts: 928
    Water weight. AKA the bane of my existance at that time of the month. I've gained anywhere from 5-10 lbs in water weight around that time. The normal for me is 5 and usually upwards of that, and I look like a beached whale during that time. =(
  • bt806
    bt806 Posts: 22
    what do you guys find as a good weigh to get rid of water weight?