Learn something

Options

Replies

• caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    Well, you’re acting oblivious to the report feature so it clearly couldn’t have been you. :smirk:
  • cahubbard6421
    cahubbard6421 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    beingmore1 wrote: »
    Someone care to explain flagging?

Its the report feature. When someone doesn’t like what a person has to say, doesn’t like the person, or is a sad jealous soul, they report a persons comments to get them in trouble. Sad thing really, but people do it. Edit...because it’s anonymous.

Still learning hahahaha
  • NewlifeinNW
    NewlifeinNW Posts: 3,866 Member
    Options
    Heyyy, sweet, now we've learned something!
  • cahubbard6421
    Options
    I wouldn’t report someone for quoting me that’s for damned sure.
  • PAFC84
    PAFC84 Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    Close thread time?
  • cahubbard6421
    Options
    beingmore1 wrote: »
    Well, that’s sad. Anonymity is the worst thing about the interwebs!

Welcome to mfp. If it wasn’t you than I have a hater. Or someone thinks I’m flirting with you and they have “claimed” you in their mind. And they are a’hatin on me for jelly reasons lol. Weird place.

It would be convenient for you to think it was me. Since we had an “argument” earlier but not my style. I’d just walk away and ignore the post all together if I couldn’t handle it.
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    No, we’re just getting to the part where he warms up to us.
  • cahubbard6421
    Options
    I’m adding all you trolls
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »

We are an acquired taste
  • cahubbard6421
    Options
    I’m glad this thread happened. Definitely went from being salty to having fun with it.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options

As an anonymous user I respectfully disagree.
    1. Sometimes you just don’t want anyone to know who you really are, even if you aren’t involved in anything illegal or questionable. There’s a level of social safety that comes with anonymity, and that can be really important for introverts in online communities.
    2. Online anonymity also plays an important role in freedom of expression. One of the most amazing things about the Internet is that it can give voices to those who are actively being silenced, allowing them to speak without fear of repercussion.
    3. There’s one other major category of people who benefit from anonymity: those who need more information on a given topic but don’t want to be caught seeking out that information. Most people actually fall into this group without realizing it. A common example would be medical questions.
  • NewlifeinNW
    NewlifeinNW Posts: 3,866 Member
    Options

p585yia6q8qk.gif
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    pudgy1977 wrote: »

We are an acquired taste

Speak fo yoself, I’m quite bland
  • SneakyVee
    SneakyVee Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I’m glad this thread happened. Definitely went from being salty to having fun with it.

My other sweet man boy is gone I need someone else to sprinkle salt on
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »

As an anonymous user I respectfully disagree.
    1. Sometimes you just don’t want anyone to know who you really are, even if you aren’t involved in anything illegal or questionable. There’s a level of social safety that comes with anonymity, and that can be really important for introverts in online communities.
    2. Online anonymity also plays an important role in freedom of expression. One of the most amazing things about the Internet is that it can give voices to those who are actively being silenced, allowing them to speak without fear of repercussion.
    3. There’s one other major category of people who benefit from anonymity: those who need more information on a given topic but don’t want to be caught seeking out that information. Most people actually fall into this group without realizing it. A common example would be medical questions.

This just tripled what I know about you sucka
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    pudgy1977 wrote: »

We are an acquired taste

Speak fo yoself, I’m quite bland

Let me lick you and I will give you my opinion