Mizuno Shoes? Any good?

Options
I am currently searching for a great pair of running shoes that are both attractive as well as functional. Has anyone tried this brand before?

Replies

• LindsayD2011
    LindsayD2011 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I used Mizuno volleyball shoes for years and they were great. I haven't tried their running shoes though sorry!
  • kiwinermal
    Options
    I have heard they are good. Brooks makes great running shoes too. Make sure you buy the shoe that is right for your foot though. Try to get fitted at a running store or check out roadrunnersports.com. Good luck!
  • cheri03
    cheri03 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I have heard they are good. Brooks makes great running shoes too. Make sure you buy the shoe that is right for your foot though. Try to get fitted at a running store or check out roadrunnersports.com. Good luck!
    Ditto. I fit best in Brooks for running and Nike for cross trainers but I was fitted at a running store. Best to be fitted at a good store.
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I used Mizuno volleyball shoes for years and they were great. I haven't tried their running shoes though sorry!

That's my answer, too. Maybe they are expanding their line? I never knew they made running shoes.
  • hajjcomb
    hajjcomb Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Yes their running shoes are very good, but that doesn't mean they're the right brand for you. I second the advice of going to a specialty running shoe store. Avoid the box stores like Sporting Authority, ****'s, etc. Try a few different shoes from different makers and see which feels best for your foot. Also, a good running store will allow you to try the shoes out indoors (treadmill or indoor track) for a couple of weeks and return them if they're not good shoes for you.

Some brands to consider: Asics, Brooks, Mizuno, New Balance, Saucony, Addidas, Nike

Edit: hahaha, My Fitness Pal censored the sporting goods store that starts with D, and is short for Richard. Talk about a PC world.