Egg fast

Options
Can you eat mayonnaise during an egg fast?

Replies

• FireTurtle75
    FireTurtle75 Posts: 2,014 Member
    Options
    It would probably be ok as long as it's real mayo which is primarily eggs & oil & has little to no sugar if you use it sparingly. Like Blue Plate or Kraft Real Mayo. You would be better off making it homemade mayo. It's not difficult & it will keep n the fridge for about two weeks. Use avocado or olive oil to make it though. Cheese omelets are a great way to do an egg fast if you use the cheese sparingly.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Mayo is included in the menu here, but only the sugar free version.

http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/2014/07/egg-fast-diet-menu-plan-low-carb-keto.html
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    So... are you just eating eggs?
  • rhiawiz57
    rhiawiz57 Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    oh not the egg fast again....
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Why did this zombie thread get bumped? And especially for this issue.
  • rhiawiz57
    rhiawiz57 Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    the words "egg" and "fast" together do crack me up. i don't know where that idea came from but it's pretty ridiculous. should be "egg feast" no?
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    So... are you just eating eggs?

Seriously? The thread was a whopping six posts long with a linked explanation of what is part of an egg fast posted two posts above yours. It's not just eggs. From the link:
    Basically on an egg fast you are consuming eggs, butter (or other pure and healthy fat like olive oil or coconut oil), and cheese, with a few exceptions for low carb condiments like hot sauce, mustard, etc. The egg fast ratio is to eat 1 Tbsp fat for each egg consumed and up to 1 oz cheese for each egg consumed. (Scroll down to go directly to the plan.)
  • DISCIPLINEEQUALSFREEDOM
    Options
    I'm in for the cake fast.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I see this is a zombie thread from several years ago, but I see that OP is still an active member. Curious, @gracehalsted how did the egg fast work for you?
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    cathipa wrote: »
    Why did this zombie thread get bumped? And especially for this issue.

noel-57 seems to have a thing for bumping old threads
    I was having a depressing day and was looking for some humorous feedback. :'(

It isn't very eggciting, but it makes some posters come out of their shell enough to post.

Shopping for them can done by delivery using the Federal eggpress

It can make you bad tempered where you may even start to beat the eggs

And if you stay on it too long it can crack you up
  • HellYeahItsKriss
    HellYeahItsKriss Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    so eggcellent.
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,222 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    I see this is a zombie thread from several years ago, but I see that OP is still an active member. Curious, @gracehalsted how did the egg fast work for you?

My screen says OP was June 12, 2017. Did I just wake up from a coma or did your phone autocorrect days to years? :wink: :tongue: