Diuretics, good, bad, which one...

Options
I have heard that diuretics can help you shed water weight quickly. Do any of you out there use them and do they work? Which one do you use?
Thanks.

Replies

• cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    flippy1234 wrote: »
    Well, to be clear, I am going on vacation next week and wearing a bathing suit. I was thinking that shedding some water weight would help.

Probably not. If anything a few pounds but not much from the abdominal area. Just enjoy your vacation. No need to mess it up with medications.
  • jenna_nicolo
    jenna_nicolo Posts: 62 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Well, to be clear, I am going on vacation next week and wearing a bathing suit. I was thinking that shedding some water weight would help.

No one here is going to recommend using them for vanity reasons, of course... You're not going to physically see a difference anyway. Sorry hon, just buy an awesome new bikini and rock it anyway!
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options

The only person who'd notice if you've dropped water weight or not is you. So why bother? Go enjoy your vacation, there's no point in worrying over a pound or two of water weight.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Avoid excessively salty food and drink plenty of water leading up to the trip so you won't be bloated. Anything beyond that isn't likely to be noticeable to anyone or change how your bikini fits.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Enjoy your vacation. Nobody cares about how anyone else looks. A few pounds dropped in water weight is hardly visible anyway. Unless you're walking around with your weight stenciled on your forehead, again no one cares.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

This is the pure truth right there. If you gain 2lbs, nobody knows. If you eat cake for lunch, nobody knows. If you lose 2lbs, nobody knows.

I am far from a magazine model. At 160lbs with a ton of cellulite and a saggy belly from 3 very large babies, I love the beach! And there is always someone there who is larger than me, smaller than me, has perkier boobs than me, or walks around with their bottoms full of sand and wedged up into neverland all week long. Nobody cares. Like, at all! Except for the guy who wears tiny speedos with questionable elastic integrity. We ALL care about that.

I am headed to New Zealand in 2 months. To hang out in my bikini with friends. My food and workout plan has not changed. What has changed? I will exfoliate more often, stay on top of my epilating for leg hair, and a week or so before my plane flys out I will buy some good self tanner.

Have fun, stop stressing, enjoy your vacay!!

Further to this. I try to drink as much water as is reasonable without getting up every five minutes on the flight. Then when I get off. Helps the plane swole.

But yeah, I wore short shorts earlier this year cellulite and lumpy thighs all out. There were women with far more extensive cellulite than me. I think people were more blinded by how blue-white I am. And agreeing with keeping on top of body grooming just before, well moisturised bodies look 5000 times better.
  • EEAngelina
    EEAngelina Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Well I guess the diet book was wrong, thx for the article