Miles away to reach my goal!

Options
Hi everyone!

Joined this site 3 days back and was a bit apprehensive to introduce myself.

Here I am wanting to loose atleast 30kgs by Mid Jan next year for my lil sis's wedding.

I have started bootcamp 3 times a week and thinking of joining aqua aerobics 3 times.

Need some motivation guys or i will give up in 1 mth.

All the best to everyone to achieve their goals !!!!

Thanks

Replies

• shazzamax11
    Options
    Hi
    I rejoined a few days ago, so hellooo and welcome. I think this site is great and the iphone app makes it so easy to use. I have approx 50lbs to lose and I'd like to lose at least 28lbs by xmas. I've recently joined a gym and began to eat a lot healtheir.
    Motivation is something we all need hun and I think its great that you've posted. Feel free to add me as a friend.
    Shaz ;o)
  • caligirl2802
    caligirl2802 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    The best advice I can offer is take it slow, I know it seems like you have a long way to go, but start off slowly or you will burn out. I've been at it for 18 months now and the reason I have been able to stick with it so long is that I started off slow and didn't go all gung ho and burn myself out, I made a little change to my lifestyle and then when that became the "norm" for me I would make another little change...for example I started by just watching my calories, then when I started to loose a little weight I started walking to work instead of driving, when that became normal, I took up karate, and once I got in to that routine, I joined a gym.... it was baby steps, but I honestly believe that it was the key to my being able to stick with it vs the yoyo dieting I have done in the past, joining a gym, going 7 days a week, and then dropping it after a month. Best of luck to you!!!
  • chiggywiggy
    Options
    I very well agree on going slow, i have been watching my diet for last 2 weeks.

About 6 years back i did loose 26 kgs in 1 yr by regular workouts and watching my diet and had a motivation of getting married to my than boyfriend and now husband.

I guess now its my daughter who will make me get into shape, she is full of energy and i cant seem to match her pace.

Thanks
  • chiggywiggy
    Options
    Thanks Shazz, much appreciated!