How long ‘till others noticed?

Options
2»

Replies

• lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I've lost 18 of the 65 pounds I plan to lose. My family comments on my loss a lot. But it seems that I've lost most of the weight from my belly, so it's pretty noticable.
  • BarneyRubbleMD
    BarneyRubbleMD Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I had to lose around 80 lbs before people at work started asking me IF I had lost ANY weight. I think that's because the weight loss was gradual and they see me almost every day but relatives I visit quarterly noticed right away.
  • beaglady
    beaglady Posts: 1,362 Member
    Options
    I lost 50#. My immediate family & BFF noticed, as did 3 coworkers that I'm friends with. That's pretty much it.

If other folks noticed, they have not said anything. I assume that they never paid that much attention to how fat I was before. That's not necessarily a bad thing.
  • NJGamerChick
    NJGamerChick Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Lately people have been noticing even though nothing has happened on the scale for months. Sometimes it's clothes that make the difference, the confidence you exude can do a lot, or just for people to see you more than once. From my highest weight, it took a drop of closer to 40 pounds for people to see something. I've gotten rid of about 125 pounds now and I hear it more as I work on my emotional/mental and spiritual states. Lifting that weight has made a huge difference.
  • RachsLosses
    RachsLosses Posts: 103 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    First of all, Congrats on your loss! I've now lost about a stone over the course of this year, Work colleagues have noticed and comment, immediate family havent noticed still. O/H I guess has noticed but doesnt really comment on it too much. It;s not vain, we put a lot of effort into this to feel better and sometimes being commended for our efforts will help
  • EEAngelina
    EEAngelina Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I really don’t care who notices just want to fit in my old clothes 5ft2 was 126 now 112 no one has said a peep and I’m glad.
  • RunStart34
    RunStart34 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Maybe I am becoming vain. I love the compliments. I usually started getting compliments after i loss 20lbs. I purposely wore my bigger clothes even though i had gone down a couple of sizes. I didn't buy fitted closes until I went down some more.. That way when I did and they fit great more people would notice and compliment me more. LOL. It kept my motivation going when there were times I felt i wasn't losing.