Over Eating!!!

Options
I need help in this majorly!!! I am good at excercising but for some reason when im bored i just eat and eat and eat. I tell myself this is all im going to eat but no matter what i do i keep going back to the fridge and getting more food. and when i get hungry i just tell myself who cares if im fat, but then after i feel horrible about it. i just want to eat what i need to my calorie intake of 1200 and be satisfied with that.

Any support or motivation to help me stop eating all the time?!!?
OR ADVICE?

thanks

Replies

• nicole0177
    Options
    I need help in this majorly!!! I am good at excercising but for some reason when im bored i just eat and eat and eat. I tell myself this is all im going to eat but no matter what i do i keep going back to the fridge and getting more food. and when i get hungry i just tell myself who cares if im fat, but then after i feel horrible about it. i just want to eat what i need to my calorie intake of 1200 and be satisfied with that.

Any support or motivation to help me stop eating all the time?!!?
    OR ADVICE?

thanks
  • christahollis
    Options
    You're an emotional eater...just like me.
    It sucks, and it's a depressing spiral...
    I've been dealing with the same thing for the longest.
    For me, the change came when I really started to think about it and realize a few things for myself.

You're in control.
    Impossible cravings, bad feelings, boredom...all that amounts to a pile of excuses (at least for me).
    It's about being accountable to yourself and responsible for your goals.
    You can feel like crap about what you're doing...or you can 'strap on a pair' and make a change.

Remembering these ideas helps me. It's not the solution for everyone...but a little dose of 'tough love' wakes me up a little bit.
  • PSUgrl921
    PSUgrl921 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I try to keep foods that I know I keep eating out of my dorm. I haven't completely figured it out but I am bingeing about once a week now instead of every day.
  • lewandt
    lewandt Posts: 566
    Options
    Do you find you get "bored" the same time of day? Night time is the hardest for me; i do good all day, exercise and eat right, then when it comes time to sit down and relax.......all i want to do is eat.

I try to take a bath, or just go to bed but it doesn't always help. I started leaving myself extra calories for that time because it always hits me then....

Good luck, sorry i don't have a better answer but let me know if you find one...lol
  • jason7
    jason7 Posts: 20
    Options
    I kind of have the same issue. I'm a potato chip muncher, so I started eating rice cakes with water and they fill me up pretty good.
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Yep, I hear you. I eat when I'm bored also. Night is the worst, or if I'm reading. Fortunately, I cross stitch. So when I get restless and want to munch, I pick up my stitching. It keeps my hands busy and I don't munch as much because I don't want to get my work stained or greasy and I don't want to wash my hands constantly. So I have to think really hard whether or not I want that chip - then want to wash my hands or put down the project . . . Helps me anyway!
  • kckat96
    Options
    :cry: Emotional eating is all I have ever known. I have been on a emotional eatting kick for 30 years...when my mother died of cancer. I was good at hiding the food...to eat when no one was watching....or when somone would say something about how much I was eating I would look them in the face and put the food in my mouth...bitting my nose off to spite my face...It took a long time for me to relize that I have to do this myself...no one will ever do it for me. I now take the food I want to emotionally eat and put it on the table and then I take a 5 lb weight and put it beside it. Do I want to eat this food (emotional eating only...not meals) and if I do...then I get to carry around the 5lbs for the rest of the night. I don't eat emotionally anymore...that 5 lbs weights a LOT!. hugs from kckat96
  • moidyn
    moidyn Posts: 112
    Options
    I find that overcoming food is much like overcoming drugs....but so much worse!!
    Druggies go through detox, which sucks, but they can eventually become clean and sober.
    But, our drug is food, something we NEED to live on. Its like getting a fix, over and over again, with no hope of that soberiety