Date night cinema what to eat?

Options
Hi everyone.

Its my boyfriend and my date night and were going to the cinema now i had no intention of having a huge jug of coke or a large popcorn but i kinda wanted to have abit of a treat anyone got any ideas what i should go for?

Its also my free night from the gym which makes it oviously harder.

any ideas would be lovely.
x

Replies

• cammers74
    Options
    B&J's frozen yoghurt! Mmmmmm :)
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    I have this problem, but tomorrow with my friends! My friend and I are planning on sharing a small popcorn. :) Maybe you could do that!
  • kaitimae
    kaitimae Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I loooooooove Junior Mints. But I buy a normal sized (small) box at the grocery store checkout and sneak them in. =)
  • Tabby1980
    Tabby1980 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    If they have an ice cream counter they often have low fat sorbet on offer ;) and a nice big bottle of water instead of a soda ( says the girl that had cola and a magnum at the cinema yesterday :( ) what are you going to see? x
  • mommymeyersto2
    mommymeyersto2 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Airpop some popcorn at home, pop it in a ziplock baggie and go :)
  • anhaab
    anhaab Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    You could always bring your own healthy options in your purse! Then just get a bottle of water there.
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Last time hubby and I brought Planter's South Beach Diet Nut mix (200 cal pack) and water. It was filling and yummy.
  • curiousmissclay
    Options
    urm well its my boyfriends choice so captain america lol not my idea of fun but thats what you have to do to keep the boy happy lol. Im def gonna have a huge bottle of water but im tempted to get something from the store before i go and be sneaky cus like the pick and mix you have noooo idea what calories are in each sweet.
  • khicks91011
    khicks91011 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    as horrible as it sounds I do the diet coke and a large popcorn that my fiance and i share...BUT I do allow for it in my calories lol, i know its still not right but thats a special outing for us and I enjoy it....I have lost 18 lbs since February and we have probably been to the movies 4 or 5 times....lol, forget cake or cookies, popcorn is my weakness and I indulge at the movies, but thats just me :)
  • cammers74
    Options
    You need to see Bridesmaids if you havent seen it - SOOOOOO funny! :)
  • mrscjwilson
    Options
    My hubby and I have movie date night every Tuesday and I always take (in my purse) a 100calorie bag of popped corn. 120 cal Skinny Cow Caramel Clusters and a 4 or 6oz can of Diet Cherry Coke.....Im happy and I save money and Calories....everybody wins.
  • BlueAventer
    Options
    I usually sneak in some almonds, and I always get a large bottle of water.

Captain America is great; Bridesmaids is hilarious; and Horrible Bosses is hilarious. :)
  • Tori_356
    Tori_356 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Get a small popcorn with no butter or light butter....no soda...
  • mandahq
    mandahq Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    My mom and I went to the movies last saturday or Sunday. I allowed it in my calorie limit.
    Cineplex - Popcorn Regular No Butter, 0.5 regular (so half a medium bag)
    Calories 390 it said no sodium ( I dont really believe that though)

Barq's - Rootbeer, 3 can (wasnt sure how much a medium pop was so I guessed)
    calories 480
    carbs 135
    fat0
    protein 0
    fiber 0
    sodium 210

Stay Awake from the pop. I know its hard. Maybe take some crystal light with you.

Hope that helps
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Bring nuts, and water
  • curiousmissclay
    Options
    im lucky in that i havnt actually drank any fizzy drinks for 3 weeks so the cravings have gone lol iv decide im going to go to the shop before i go and pick up some bits and bobs so i can control the calories and get a huge bottle of water when i get there.

Thanks everyone for your great ideas. x
  • ardeornellis
    ardeornellis Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    When we go to the movies I take a Skinny Cow treat and usually a serving(8pieces) of spree candy. I give my kids the rest of them. This way I can eat my chocolate and then suck on the Spree during the movie....my hubby laughs at me.. Now that I'm counting calories, I can make 1 piece of hard candy last a VERY long time..:)
  • beccau_20
    beccau_20 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    On a complete and total sidenote, my husband is crazy for comic book movies and I am utterly opposed to them right now because there are just TOO MANY!

However, he made me see Captain America, too and I actually thought it was fabulous :o)

How about a couple of pieces of Red Vines?
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I NEVER eat at the movies. Mostly, because it's so dang expensive and I'm cheap. I try to fill up on a lovely dinner beforehand and then just watch the movie.

IMO, movie theatres have somehow managed to put it into most people's heads that to go to a movie, you must have food. When, in reality, the food isn't all that great and way overpriced. JMHO
  • ardeornellis
    ardeornellis Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    We are cheap too..LOL. We go to a dollar show where we used to live.. Tickets are 1.50. Then they have the "Morris Special".. Large popcorn and 2 med drinks for $6. My hubby and kids share that...(I know....not good for them either). I take my water, skinny cow treat and spree and that's my treat for a movie. We don't even go once a month, so I am ok with splurging that one time.. YOu are so right though, we do encorporate movies with eating, and it isn't healthy... I'm not sure i"ve moved past it though.. I just take my own stuff..:)