What is P90x

Options
Hi everyone,

What is the P90x, sounds very interesting?

Replies

• mrdavidjk
    mrdavidjk Posts: 105
    Options
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    P90x is a DVD program you can do at home. 12 DVDS, 12 different workouts. Pretty intense with some amazing success stories out there and on this site. Check it out at www.beachbody.com
  • nukehiker
    nukehiker Posts: 457
    Options
    P90x is a intense 6 day a week, 13 week long program. its a total body workout. I am currently on week 9. i would suggest maybe checking out some of the P90x message boards on teambeachbody.com
  • kmathis02
    kmathis02 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello

it's a home based fitness program. You'll get "Ripped" in 90 days. It a disc of 12 DVD that varies from abs, back, yoga, ect.. It's great!
  • melggs
    melggs Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    X for EXTREME, 90 day plan! It's awesome but its not for someone who wants an easy way out of obesity. It takes hard work & dedication. Each work out is a minimum of 60 minutes, most are 90 minutes long. Tony has a plan for every level & non of them are easy. Good Luck!
  • chitniss
    chitniss Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    P90X is made by the makers of Beach Body, another fitness program.

P90X is a Program lasting 90 days of Xtreme training. The training does not require a Gym. Most of the training is done with free weights (I used resistance bands) and other home accessories like pull up bars, push-up bars, etc. Each day of the program lasts 1 hour to 90 minutes. The program is a series of 1 to 2 minute exercises with a different focus every day. Examples are 'Back and Shoulder' and 'Legs' and 'Chest'. These weight and resistance exercises are mixed in with cardio in the form of Plyometrics and stretch and rest days with Yoga. There is also a 15 minute abdominal module every other day called AbRipperX. The program is broken down into three months, with each stage more demanding than the previous.

All in all, the 90 day program is great for someone who is in decent shape. Since there is no Gym, you should do this with a buddy to motivate you and push your limits. You will also need ample empty space (I like to do this on softer carpeting), a TV, and a dvd player. The program also dictates your diet in terms of portions of proteins, carbohydrates and fats you can eat.

I could only do one month of the P90X program, since a hour and half every day was getting to affect my school work. However, in the month, I lost close to 15 pounds, and was much stronger. Me and my roommate did this together, and we both were in better shape after a month.
  • fit_healthy
    fit_healthy Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone,

Just one quick question, I go to the gym several times a week and also do a circuit training class too. Can you do the two together or is it best to stay out of the gym ????