Fun exercise apps, please

Options
Hi, someone on MFP was raving about the 'Walk to Mordor' app, which sounds like a lot of fun. Has anyone come across any other fun apps that can make exercise a bit more interesting for those that are new to it or less than enthusiastic about it?

Disclaimer: I'm a magazine editor and am looking to recommend a few to my readers!

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• MelodiousMermaid
    MelodiousMermaid Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    The big apps I've seen on the various threads have been:

C25k
    C210k
    Zombies, Run!

I have not used these apps as I prefer an IRL class type experience (or a good trike ride), but they all seem to be highly recommended/loved.
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    Anyone else???
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Zwift
  • kiracookie
    kiracookie Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Strava is a good running app, let’s u compare to other runners in ur area that do ur routes and ur previous runs. Massively good for me as the direct comparison with myself helps encourage me
  • rchelen
    rchelen Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    BodySpace! Tons of workout program for weight lifting and let's you track it as you go.
  • MrsLannister
    MrsLannister Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I tried Zombies, Run but I couldn't understand what they were saying half the time.
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Zombies Run.
  • BruceHedtke
    BruceHedtke Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Wokaman is a fun app that you can sync with your tracker. The more steps you take, the more your monster grows!

If you wanted to put up real money, Stepbet allows you sort of bet on yourself to complete a challenge. It personalizes your goal and if you join a challenge and meet your goal, you win a share of the pot.

• MrsLannister
    MrsLannister Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I've been trying Ingress off and on. It's what Pokemon Go was based off of. You run around finding portals that you capture.