sparklepeople or weight watchers

Options
Which one are you using and which one do you recommend??? I need an intervention...

Replies

• bklyngirl71
    bklyngirl71 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    i use weight watchers. i've lost 55 lbs. i've been a lifetime member since january. my husband has lost 205 lbs on it. i feel its the best plan out there. you don't have to give anything up. u just need know know how to count your points. it won't feel like a diet. its a lifestyle change
  • Crystalchaos72
    Options
    MyFitnessPal.........that is all I need, aside from determination and drive :)
  • campi_mama
    campi_mama Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    This...
  • edward1973
    Options

Really wish there was a LIKE button
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options

same here!
  • clbiggins83
    clbiggins83 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all of your insight...I have been using myfitnesspal and still plan on it...love this site...I think I just need more structure and accountability...thanks again..
  • MoonIite
    MoonIite Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Sparkspeople is the same concept as MFP: count calories, exercise and eat wholesome meals.
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I have tried both but prefer My Fitness Pal.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Ditto!
  • ibbray04
    ibbray04 Posts: 227 Member
    Options

Ditto! I've heard from people who used WW online that MFP is very similar. I've used Sparkpeople myself, and like MFP soooo much better.
  • clbiggins83
    Options
    You are right...the only thing that sparkle people has that MFP does not have is the meal plan option..I love to work out and have no problem doing so, just want to eat cleaner on a schedule. Since using MFP, I have lost 30 lbs..but still having problems with balanced meals..I just may use both to maximize my fitness/lifestyle options...both are FREE
  • lfirman
    lfirman Posts: 5
    Options
    I need the accountability too, but I love that myfitnesspal is so much like ww but it's free...I started fully using the site, weighing, measuring, using the ticker and sharing on facebook...now I am accountable to my friends and I see results and goals, big an bold, when I log on anywhere.
  • mrsjohnson75
    mrsjohnson75 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Weight watchers..
  • clbiggins83
    Options
    I need the accountability too, but I love that myfitnesspal is so much like ww but it's free...I started fully using the site, weighing, measuring, using the ticker and sharing on facebook...now I am accountable to my friends and I see results and goals, big an bold, when I log on anywhere.

Will use this as an option.. thank you..
  • clbiggins83
    Options
    My diary is going public starting NOW
  • Queen_JessieA
    Queen_JessieA Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    I love Myfitnesspal...but I also do First Place (it is an accountability plan) with a awesome group of ladies from my church :) We meet once a week, have bible study home work (the idea is putting Christ first place in our lives) and have prayer partners. Love the program :) It is eating healthy and also lines up right with what MFP says on my cal range!
  • veggiepug
    Options
    I found Sparkpeople to be too complicated. MFP is much easier to use. I had great success with WW meetings from 2009-2010 but I really dislike the new plan. I was afraid of switching to an online only option (MFP) but I have found that even if I'm paying for WW meetings, if it hasn't"clicked" for me, no amount of paying for meetings is going to force me to be successful. MFP is al I need as long as the determination is there.

Do you have someone at home you can be accountable to? I'm thinking of "weighing in" in front of my boyfriend to keep me a little more accountable.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    ... i have too many Twilight jokes to be of any help.
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    I don't see the purpose of using SP if you're already here. SP is cool and all, but MFP is more simple and the people are cooler.
  • Queen_JessieA
    Queen_JessieA Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    ... i have too many Twilight jokes to be of any help.

I love it!