Online profiles - choosing your body type

Options
kayla25mfp
kayla25mfp Posts: 17 Member
Long ago, back in the days when I was a single gal, I ventured into the online world of dating. One of the things I had to do on a few of the more popular dating apps was list my body type. Options such as, average, a few extra, big and beautiful, fit, slim, and washboard abs were there to choose from. I always chose average.... but I’ve wondered.... how fit do you need to be to put fit? What would you expect of someone that said they were fit? What would you put for yourself, and why?

Replies

• SneakyVee
    SneakyVee Posts: 640 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Obese so they love you for your personality, that’s what I do
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    What does 'average' mean anyways? That is the most indescript description!

I'd call myself slim, but reading the choices maybe 'slim' is a nice way of saying skinny (which I'm not) so maybe I'm 'average' too!!

I am fit, but a wide variety of body types can be 'fit'. To look at me (or most people) you can't tell whether or not they are 'fit', imo.
  • teagirlmedium
    teagirlmedium Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I base the body type I chose on how my body is going to look to someone else in the photos I post. I put a few extra pounds, because my weight is more than the max for my weight range and you can tell that in person and in photos of me. When I reach my weight range I will put average, because I will be of average weight for my height. I would expect someone who says they are fit to have some visible muscle.
  • WillBeThin86
    WillBeThin86 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I just say average, then smile at the surprised look on their face when they see this gut.
  • WorkerDrone83
    WorkerDrone83 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    I've always figured "fit" for more of an idea than a body type. Like "I can run a couple miles in good time and I regularly work out. I think I'll go with fit."
  • PAFC84
    PAFC84 Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    I just send them naked pics and let them decide