Does the Wii really work?!

Options
I just bought a wii yesterday and i bought a fitness game called fit in six. Has anyone ever tried it and does it actually work? What other games do you suggest?

Replies

• promiseskept
    Options
    I do the boxing and wii fitness plus, and yes, its what I used to lose my weight with so far. Enjoy!
  • missfittin_missy
    missfittin_missy Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I have heard other people say they had good results with it. I like the Just Dance games because I can play with my kiddos and it gets us all up and moving... I guess no matter what game you are using it just depends on how hard you are working at it!
  • NitaCeeCee
    Options
    i have just started a thread like this about the ps3 lol.
    i have a wii as well and out of all the games i had, i found the biggest loser (ultimate challenge i think) to be the most effective. you have mini activities and challenges and a weekly weigh in. you have a score at the end of your activities so its not just your weight loss that contributes to whether or not your the biggest loser
  • lcoreo5
    lcoreo5 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    My friends and i work with an in home trainer, when she cant make it to the house, we pull out the biggest loser for the wii. i find its a great alternative when our trainer isnt there. The workouts are very similar to what she does with us, and you can set it up to fit your needs. good luck! any exercise is better than no exercise too!! :)
  • Whiskey_Byrne
    Whiskey_Byrne Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I have a wii and although I haven't tried the game you have I do use Wii fit plus and the biggest loser challenge and find that using one of these for 30 mins a day makes a really big difference. I feel good for doing it, seeing an improvement in my weight loss and also find that I have much more energy and get up and go than I thought I had.

Does take a lot of self discipline though to ensure you make time to use it most days.
  • Elysian13
    Options
    I love my Wii, I have Gold's Gym Cardio Workout, Zumba, and my fitness pal. This is how I lost my 12ibs so far. :) It works if you put the time and energy in.
  • llkeefe
    llkeefe Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I haven't used my Wii in awhile for exercise, but yes it does work. I have Zumba and Jillian Micheal's Ultimate Workout. Haven't tried the Zumba yet, but Jillian is a workout!
  • neurochamp
    neurochamp Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I don't know anything about Fit in Six, but I regularly use my Wii to work out. EA Active Personal Trainer kicks my butt with squats and lunge sequences that are, honestly, as difficult - if not MORE difficult - than a Jillian Michaels video (I have the original version, but I think the second one is supposed to be even better). My favorite calorie-scorching game right now, though, is Michael Jackson: the Experience ;-) No joke, I have a HRM and can easily burn 200-300 calories in 30 minutes...but you have to get into the dancing (not just flailing your arms around). The best part is that it's crazy fun. I think I'll look into the Just Dance games or Zumba next.
  • TiDinzeo
    TiDinzeo Posts: 309
    Options
    i do most of my exercise on the Wii. Normally Wii Sports Tennis, but I also enjoy My fitness trainer dance workout which I think is called something else in the US.

I've lost nearly 50lbs so far so it probably helps.