Is muscle definition on women sexy?

Options

Replies

• FabCheeky
    FabCheeky Posts: 311
    Options
    I've never felt sexier in my whole life. *shrugs* I hear that kind of stuff from women around me all the time, and I couldn't care less.
  • Trig0r
    Trig0r Posts: 47
    Options
    I think a little is sexy but if women gets to the point where she loses her natural curves is not.

Yeah, that pretty much covers it..
  • FabCheeky
    Options
    I got into a bit of a debate yesterday with a friend of mine, who is a little curvy who told me that because I'm more toned now that muscles on women aren't sexy!!!!

I adore my arms and shoulders because they are defined, my legs are also toned and quite muscley but not ridiculously so. I have MFP friends who are stunningly beautiful with and without muscle definition and would like your opinions please, not because I intend to change but just because I'd like to know :smile:
    Jessica Biel and Angela Bassett have definition. I consider them (as do many) as very sexy.
    Angela Bassett's body is amazing. Ah-may-zin'.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,672 Member
    Options
    I've never felt sexier in my whole life. *shrugs* I hear that kind of stuff from women around me all the time, and I couldn't care less.
    I agree...........you're hot!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I absolutely think a little definition is sexy. But so are curves. I think female body builders are disgusting. So are super lean women like Kelly Ripa. But that's MY opinion. If you are a body builder and think it looks sexy on you, more power to you!
  • FabCheeky
    Options
    I agree...........you're hot!

Haha! Thanks! My husband thinks so, too. :D
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Being fit doesn't mean losing your curves! I look curvier and more feminine now that I have some degree of muscle definition!

Same (absolutely amazing vintage 1940s) dress, in 1998 vs 2011. I'm obviously about the same size, since the dress fits, but I weight at least 10 pounds more now.

40sdress-2.jpg

40sdress.jpg

Same (absolutely amazing vintage 1950s) swimsuit, 1998 vs 2011. Same deal... about the same size, but I weigh more now. And I don't have spindly little spaghetti noodles for arms and legs.

1998.jpg
  • unmitigatedbadassery
    unmitigatedbadassery Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    This is completely my opinion...take Jillian Micheals for example. She has a rockin' butt, legs, abs and arms but I think her shoulders are a little bulky (manly). I think muscle definition is sexy and healthy but too much can make a woman lose her feminimity.

Well said.
  • Robscofle
    Options
    From a historical point of view, the ancient roman aristocracy loved spartan women because they were fit/muscular warriors as well as spartan men. A physically strong woman can be threatening to a lot of men (and women). It also challenges sexual stereotypes. I say good for you for being fit and well toned.
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I think a little is sexy but if women gets to the point where she loses her natural curves is not.

Ok, but some women don't have "natural curves." I don't. I don't have a butt even 30 lbs overweight. My chest is small. Yes, I'm "curvier" when I have more fat on me, but all that means is that I'm fat. It's not a good look for me. So when I'm more muscular, I won't be curvy, but it's still sexier than fat me.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Being fit doesn't mean losing your curves! I look curvier and more feminine now that I have some degree of muscle definition!

Same (absolutely amazing vintage 1940s) dress, in 1998 vs 2011. I'm obviously about the same size, since the dress fits, but I weight at least 10 pounds more now.

40sdress-2.jpg

40sdress.jpg

Same (absolutely amazing vintage 1950s) swimsuit, 1998 vs 2011. Same deal... about the same size, but I weigh more now. And I don't have spindly little spaghetti noodles for arms and legs.

1998.jpg

You look WAY BETTER now!!! Much younger too! Go you!
  • dragonflydi
    dragonflydi Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I also look more girly now than I did w/out muscles ... and given the comments I keep getting from both genders on my leaner/toner body type, I'm going to say that the majority of people find that toned women look good.
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    I think so. But there's a point where it doesn't look good...when you start looking like a man then it is no longer sexy...I personally dont' like the look of female body builders. I think that's waaayy too much muscle...but I also don't like the look of male body builders....

But I do find a bit of definition very sexy. Especially arms. :D I like having strong arms. That's what thing I'm trying to get back to. And get some ab definition again...
  • gnoccola
    gnoccola Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I love well defined arms. Legs, I don't care. But i always admire women with toned arms. I'm doing push ups, dips, and anything I can to get to that point.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    As a woman attracted to women, I find toned, well-defined women very sexy.
  • Biggipooh
    Biggipooh Posts: 350
    Options
    Who looks better? Same scale weight - 125 pounds.

SCALE.jpg

The girl on the right of course, except her bones are sticking out to much up there and her breasts are fake.
  • pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    It is obviously a taste thing. I desperately want 'Michelle Obama arms', I think her arms are gorgeous. When I mentioned that at work someone said they thought she was too muscly, each to his own.

BTW I have very big defined 'cyclist legs', I love them because they are demonstrating how strong I am on the bike, but some people may say they look like men's legs, and I don't care.

GG
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Yes! I think they are. My husband things they are.

My hubs definitely thinks my definition is sexy . . . trust me . . .
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I'd like the body of an ice skater. No bulges, but slim, firm and athletic. Unfortunately I'm completely uncoordinated so skating isn't in the cards for me. But that is the kind of body I think looks best on a women.
  • Trig0r
    Trig0r Posts: 47
    Options
    Who looks better? Same scale weight - 125 pounds.

SCALE.jpg

The girl on the right of course, except her bones are sticking out to much up there and her breasts are fake.

Fake breast or not, that wasnt the question, and I dont see how you can tell from that picture..

imho women, you are your own worse enemy, you tell eachother you look great when you dont and are too critical of other women..

I once heard a comment that made me wonder..

"A woman would rather be naked infront of a room full of men than a room full of women because the women would all be critical, where as the men would just be grateful"..