I'm getting an exercise bike!

I'm way excited! I actually love biking, but because I have asthma I can't do it outside.....so I'm really glad....it gets delivered tomorrow!

anyone else have a favorite piece of equipment?

Replies

• I'm way excited! I actually love biking, but because I have asthma I can't do it outside.....so I'm really glad....it gets delivered tomorrow!

anyone else have a favorite piece of equipment?
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    I have a NordicTrac Ski Machine that I've been using for 10 years and thinking about upgrading to an eliptical. My wife has a treadmill and will be replacing it with another one this weekend. Whenever I travel on business the bike is my only viable substitute because my knees can't do the higher impact of running or using a treadmill.
  • maridale
    maridale Posts: 39 Member
    I recently made a spare bedroom into a workout room. Our main piece of equipment is a Landis treadmill. Love it! Living in the Midwest it is hard to get outside on those frigid days for a walk. Somedays I'll just go in a do 10-15 minutes 3 or 4 times while catching the news or food network.
  • Oh wow, that is awesome, I wish I had room for an excersise bike!

I don't really have much equipment as we are short on space. I have a stepper which is OK and I also have a mini rower.... it's like and elastic thing that you attach to your feet and pull on in a rowing motion. Takes up no space and only cost me £4 so a bargain! It works a lot of your muscles.
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    When I began this journey, I was strictly riding my stationary bike. I found that I had great success and gradually built up my distance. The thing with my bike is that the tensioner is broken so I ride at about 22 mph. I can do 10 miles in about 25 minutes. Once I built up my strength, I started doing videos and using our Bowflex. I still fall back on my bike, especially when I know I will be splurging for a special occasion or eating out. I rode for 15 miles the day of the Super Bowl and was able to enjoy those "forbidden foods" without gaining an ounce. I :heart: my bike!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    I have an XL Glider that I bought last month. I love it! One of my co-workers joked about it becoming a coat rack, but I've honestly used it every single night since I got it January 9.
  • wow that's great to hear that people are having success on an exercise bike.....we bought a treadmill too, but we're not getting it until next month because we're moving and it's too heavy, so the sporting store is holding it for us.
  • mommyskis
    mommyskis Posts: 277 Member
    I love our elliptical. I used to use my parent's old Nordic Track and I really loved that, but I am a skier. It really got my legs ready for the season. However, my husband hated the thing. Now my 3 year old skies around the basement with the Nordic Track skis.