think i may have an ED help..??

Options
hey MFP friends..

i think i may have an eating disorder.. but too scared to actually talk about it and discover i actually do.. :(

ill explain a few eating habbits and please tell me what you think..

basically i cant eat before 1 oclock if i do then its only say a bag of crips though-out a few hours.. i start work between 8-9 and will have a cup of tea.. lunch i try have as little as possible really but make sure i am full..

then after work i may eat i may not.. most the time a quick subway or snack.. my BMI is 19.. and for my height and weight it should be at least 20.. so been told serveral times i an under weight which doesnt help at all.. i think myself i have abit of weight lately but thats defo throu not eating properly and stress.

my thrist feel soo skinny right now..

so what do you guys think? maybe its just me..

thanks

xxx

Replies

• JWGF01
    JWGF01 Posts: 59
    Options
    check with your doctor... i have bulimia nervosa.... which is where i throw up and make my self sick after meals... which doent really help my teeth with the stomach acid.. have to have 3 fillings on friday.... =[

i think girls need a higher bmi.... im 19.8.. and lowest is 18.. i think girls should be 21... =[

so i think you are under weight any way.... if you get to bmi of 14 i think you will be anorexic... and thats not cool.. my girl friend is anorexic.. and she struggles with food every day.. it really kills me to see the pain she goes through...

it does sound like you have some problems... best thing is check with gp... =]
  • Bramtits20
    Options
    what would i say to my doctor..? to be honest im very scared.. and defo not comforable talking about.. i think my boyfriend has noticed as he always trys to make me eat..

xxx
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Go to your doctor with a print out of what you posted here. Explain to him your eating habits. Talk to your friends and family.
  • kfitz10103
    kfitz10103 Posts: 354
    Options
    Waht about talking to a counselor and getting advice from them? Maybe talk to a psychologist and see if there is some cognitive behavioral therapy that can help you work thru your eating disorder. I think admitting it is the first step now you need to find a professional that can help you. I don't know where you are from, but I am sure you can look online and find a professional that can help you with this specific problem.
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    *hugs.*

More *hugs*.

I'm so glad you posted this. It sounds like you're really scared.

Lozze has a good idea - print out your original post and show it to your doctor. You don't have to *say* anything right off the bat...let your doctor ask questions and do your best to answer them honestly. But please get in to see your doctor as soon as you can. This is something to get control of NOW - and you *can* do it.

I'm willing to bet it's not just your boyfriend who has noticed...it's your coworkers/family, too. If there's anyone else you can confide in, even if it's scary, please do. They'll do what they can to help. They may not get what you're going through, but you need people who love you and will support you. Take them wherever you can get them.

Oh yeah...and a bunch more *hugs*.
  • aray379
    aray379 Posts: 131
    Options
    hey MFP friends..

i think i may have an eating disorder.. but too scared to actually talk about it and discover i actually do.. :(

ill explain a few eating habbits and please tell me what you think..

basically i cant eat before 1 oclock if i do then its only say a bag of crips though-out a few hours.. i start work between 8-9 and will have a cup of tea.. lunch i try have as little as possible really but make sure i am full..

then after work i may eat i may not.. most the time a quick subway or snack.. my BMI is 19.. and for my height and weight it should be at least 20.. so been told serveral times i an under weight which doesnt help at all.. i think myself i have abit of weight lately but thats defo throu not eating properly and stress.

my thrist feel soo skinny right now..

so what do you guys think? maybe its just me..

thanks

xxx

If you have these habits and are doing them because of your self-esteem or because you think you are overweight then you could possibly. Or if you are doing this for control or to deal with some other factors in your life that can also be the reasons why people fall into E.D. or past history. If these sound familiar then you should talk to your doctor about it, sounds like EDNOS a bit. If you're not restricting or acting in this manner because of any reasons like that than you should still talk to your doctor to make sure you are fine. Good luck.

If you don't feel comfortable talking to anybody go to www.nationaleatingdisorders.org there is a annonymous helpline and such.
  • Bramtits20
    Options
    would like to say a massive THANK-YOU to everyone who has replied.. youve been a massive help..

and very supportive.. :) really couldnt thank-yo any more..!!

thanks again guys..!! xxxxxxx
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    I just sent you a message.

< HUGS >

I forgot to sign my name so its from me.
  • cowlover22
    cowlover22 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    The sooner you tackle the problem the better..been struggling way to long here. Yes I suggest talk with your doctor, a therapist who deals with eating disorders is good plus a dietician would REALLY help you out. Feel free to ask me any questions you might have. Unfortunately been there and done just about all of it and I hate to see anyone else suffer if I can have my say. This is a horrible disease and would not wish it on anyone. Good luck and lots of hugs!!:wink:
  • cowlover22
    cowlover22 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    check with your doctor... i have bulimia nervosa.... which is where i throw up and make my self sick after meals... which doent really help my teeth with the stomach acid.. have to have 3 fillings on friday.... =[

i think girls need a higher bmi.... im 19.8.. and lowest is 18.. i think girls should be 21... =[

so i think you are under weight any way.... if you get to bmi of 14 i think you will be anorexic... and thats not cool.. my girl friend is anorexic.. and she struggles with food every day.. it really kills me to see the pain she goes through...

it does sound like you have some problems... best thing is check with gp... =]
    My therapist treats anyone with a BMI of less than 18 plus the fear of gaining weight, thinking you are fat and such with the anaorexia diagnosis but they are all bad...... With a BMI you would be in the hospital around here... But actually you can really have some variences along the way too as you know. Best of luck to you and your friend!