A Month of Yoga

Options
paulamotley
paulamotley Posts: 11 Member
I'll be honest, Yoga bores me. But my workouts could benefit from more flexibility, so I'm committing to at least one yoga class a week. To start after Thanksgiving the week of Nov. 27th.

Replies

• MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Besides your regular workouts, I hope.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    There are many different types of yoga so are you doing only one type? Or do you have a variety to choose from? There are classes that are quite vigorous and give a full body workout so depending on what type you're doing other workouts may not be needed.

I have a month of unlimited yoga for $20 so I'm taking as many different classes as I can for a month. I'll still do cardio / lifting at the gym, too.
  • paulamotley
    Options
    So I've started doing a lot of HITT and weight training, and noticing I'm sore with tight muscles. Also, my ankle mobility sucks and I've always struggled with 'knock knees'. So I'm just hoping the stretching will help my squats and soreness.

My gym offers creative classes. So they have Yoga under creative names. Once I take one, I'll report back. It's just an hour when I'm used to 30 minute workouts just sounds really long.
  • paulamotley
    Options
    Looks like my gym only has regular Yoga at night. There is an Ashtanga Mix Yoga and Yoga Flex classes early in the morning on a couple of days, but that doesn't work for my schedule. But I'll start there, and if I don't like it, I'll find a Yoga groupon.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I've done 90 minute yoga classes. Those have a ton of talking and instruction.
  • paulamotley
    Options
    My ADHD can't handle a 90 minute yoga class. Lol. I may start with some online Yoga at nights.