Weight Loss Journey!

Options
Hello, Myfitnesspal members!

My name is Edward and I am 18 years old. My weight loss journey began on March 21st of this year. Today will be 4 months, 1 week, and 4 days. I was never slim in my whole entire life. I was born chubby as far as I could remember. As a child growing up, I loved food and always ate anything, literally. At probably about the age of 10, I could probably down 2 big macs from McDonalds. My family members nicked name me "fat" or "phe" in my culture. I, today, still have that nickname. No, I don't think it's wrong for them to do that. I honestly thought it was a cool name, even today I still do. As I got a little older, I noticed that my weight was increasing rapidly but at the time, I didn't really care. Each day, I looked at myself in the mirror and I knew that I was getting bigger as time is passing by. Finally reached high school, I started to become more attracted to girls. Not that I wasn't before, I was just young and wanted to have fun during the moment. Anyways, I started to feel very insecure about myself. I had "man boobs" and a belly. I attempted one time in about summer of 2010 and only lost a total of 23 pounds but then I became unmotivated and started to had the mentality of "who gives a crap, if you don't like me for who I am, then don't.". As school started again in the year of 2010, I started to gain the 23 pounds that I have lost and plus more pounds added on.

Finally, in the year 2011. This summer, I was VERY motivated, dedicated and determined to do what I had to do. I set a goal for myself and know what I was going for. My goal was to lose 50 pounds before school starts. I was on a super strict cutting diet, I wrote down everything that I ate, I was not tempted to eat any type of "junk" food. I signed up for a local gym, 24 hour fitness to be exact. To me, signing up for the gym helped me motivated because I told myself, "I am not paying for the gym for nothing.". I went every single day, literally. Sometimes even twice a day! Since March 21st of 2011 and today August 3rd of 2011, is so far 4 months, 1 week, and 4 days. I started off weighing at 205 pounds and today I weigh 140 pounds which is a total weight loss of 65 lbs! Instead of being called "big" or "fat" people are starting to call me "anorexic" which I did not however like.. I personally KNOW that I am not and for a fact that it's them not used to be being slim, ever. Today, I am still eating healthy, haven't had fast food, a soda, or any other type of "junk" food. I plan on keeping at this. It's not a diet anymore, it's a life style.

Lately, I have been volunteering for running charities such as, March of Dimes, Hospital Hill Run, Walk of Aids, Breast Cancer Awareness and much more. I did not realize that helping others is not very hard. Just a simple walk or run can help millions of people that are in need. Money isn't always the factor to helping others. It's about being passionate at what you want to do. Many people have asked me for advice and how I did it, but really it's not as hard as people make it. If you're really dedicated you can do it. But, you MUST have to want to do it. I always like helping others and explaining to them what worked for me. I try to help with the best of my knowledge. Since, I lost a decent amount of weight. I am also helping my parents and little sister with their diet and exercise as well.

I wish I had more before pictures but to be honest, the reason I did not take before pictures is because I had doubts. I didn't really think I was going to lose this much weight.

Here is one I put together. :smile:

progression.jpg

Replies

• brobin41101
    brobin41101 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    That is soooooooo awesome ! You have done an amazing job. You should be extremely proud of yourself ! I love it that you have decided to make it a lifetime eating habit. Good luck in school...and by the way...the girls will love the transformation ! Thank you for sharing your story.
  • nguyenedward
    nguyenedward Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thanks a lot! I really appreciate it! I am indeed very proud and glad that I made it through. It was quite an experience, yet hard but a fun journey!
  • Success41
    Options
    Well Done!
  • nguyenedward
    Options
    Thank you!
  • AliciaSpears
    AliciaSpears Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Anorexic.....NOT! :)
  • naomijoy28
    naomijoy28 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow amazing! Totally inspiring for me and my weightloss journey!
  • Shan80
    Shan80 Posts: 47
    Options
    You look Great!! Congratulations to you for getting motivated, sticking with it and losing the weight! This is a truly motivational story for me! Way to go!!
  • nguyenedward
    Options
    Thank you! Anyone can do it, really. Anything is possible if you want it THAT bad. Good luck to you guys who are on the journey. You will make it. It just takes time!
  • carlxo21
    carlxo21 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Holy smokes! That is one amazing story. Incredible work and you look GOOOOOOOD !! javascript:add_smiley('drinker','post_body')
  • missmiller1
    missmiller1 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • stepbystep6
    stepbystep6 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    You have done an amazing job! I think you will have a wonderful first day of school with all those amazed faces looking at you.
  • Mandalicious
    Options
    Are you serious! That is an amazing success! Now you have this whole life ahead of you to live healthily! Go get 'em!
  • nguyenedward
    Options
    Thank you! Everyone sees it as a diet but its more of a life style! The funny thing is I went MIA and didn't talk to any of my friends or anyone at all during the process. 4 months later, they didn't even know who I was.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!