New to the Site

mstanley
mstanley Posts: 121 Member
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hi! I just joined and I really need a site like this one. I've been dieting and exercising regularly since New Year's and I'm slowly starting to make progress, but it really helps to have a motivational tool such as this one to help push me along. If anyone has any suggestions for me, I would welcome them! My goal is to lose between 40-50 pounds. My goal before summer is to lose 20 pounds!
Thanks!
Melissa

Replies

• mstanley
    Hi! I just joined and I really need a site like this one. I've been dieting and exercising regularly since New Year's and I'm slowly starting to make progress, but it really helps to have a motivational tool such as this one to help push me along. If anyone has any suggestions for me, I would welcome them! My goal is to lose between 40-50 pounds. My goal before summer is to lose 20 pounds!
    Thanks!
    Melissa
  • Welcome! Everything you need to make healthier choices is right here on MFP. I joined on Jan 15th and so far I am addicted! I love it!
  • tdenotter
    tdenotter Posts: 40 Member
    welcome! I love this site and I hope that it works for you too!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Hello and welcome to mfp, this site is so great, very motivational, supportive and helpful. I just know you will love it here, if you don't already. I love it here and everyone is so nice. I hope you have good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.
  • Hi, I'm new to the site kinda. I started a while ago (like a month), but lost touch with it for about the last month. I am hoping to meet my goals and get back to my pre baby weight of 130-140. It's funny, I think I gained most of the weight after my daughter was born. I gave birth at 187 and after 4 years I'm still at 187. So here's to not letting my weight control my life, and getting healthier for my family.:drinker:

119101.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • heal4444
    heal4444 Posts: 709
    Good luck and welcome. Quick make your ticker and share with everyone your goals/progress!! :happy: See you on the boards.
  • mstanley
    Thanks everyone! I got off to a rocky start this past weekend (my husband wanted to go out to eat), so I think I may have actually gained some already, instead of losing some. I'm going to stick with it though and really keep track of what I eat this week!
  • mstanley
    My ticker!

145432.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • KMAC
    KMAC Posts: 16 Member
    How are you losing your wt.?
    calorie level...low carb?
    thanks, kim
  • i second being an Addict to MFP. welcome Mel you have made a wise choice. MFP really does have all the tools that you need to aid you in loosing "IT". stay true to yourself and stick to the programme. it will so be worthit. :flowerforyou: welcome.
  • mstanley
    thanks so much!
    Things are going pretty well so far, but I've been sick this week so I haven't been able to make it to the gym this week. I know things would be going better for me if I could go and exercise. I hate getting out of my routine!
    I'm trying to cut my calories down and add more exercise, so maybe next week I can increase my workouts.
This discussion has been closed.