Tips for someone who is always hungry

Options
I would love to hear some tips on what people do to get over the feeling of still being hungry!

Replies

• nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Volume eating is a life saver for me. For example, put whatever you’re eating anyway over top a whole bag of broccoli. Boom. Full.
  • dailyzey
    dailyzey Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I keep some ready to go snacks in the fridge. Sometimes when I am at the computer I just want to snack on something. Far better to snack on salted cucumbers, baby carrots or red bell peppers.. Or a hardboiled egg.. Keeps me less hungry at dinner time. Or sugar free jello, which really fills me up.
  • Walkywalkerson
    Walkywalkerson Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I'm always hungry!
    I find that having snacks throughout the day is better for me - and then having a high volume low calorie meal in the evening.
    I can't sleep if I'm hungry before bed.
    I also drink a lot of water, herbal tea, a few black coffees and even a milky drink with skimmed milk will curb those hunger pangs and can count as a snack.
    Greek yoghurt is a good one too.
    I'm trying to cut out sugar as it makes ravenous
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    Big question is whether you are physically hungry (growling stomach, real hunger pangs) or "mentally hungry" - feeling like you need to eat even though you aren't truly hungry.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Protein protein and more protein with some fat and starch. But if I’m shy on protein I will get hungry. Over 100g a day and I rarely get a growling tummy.

But definitely play around with different macro splits to see what works.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    The advice I'd offer is a combination of all the advice that's been given:
    • Make sure your deficit isn't too aggressive
    • Play around with your macro split. Satiety is individual and different people find different splits optimal.
    • Give volume eating a go with low cal, high volume foods added to your meals
    • Even if you think you don't find fat filling, don't cut it too low
    • Herbal teas and broths are zero/low calorie between meal godsends
    • In spite of what I said about satiety being individual, most everyone finds protein satiating. Make sure you're getting enough. The formula is .6-.8 grams per pound of ideal body weight.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I take a whole sliced cucumber with me to snack on after lunch. Sometimes an apple. I also eat a high volume salad or veggie mix with protein for lunch.
  • OuchArtist
    OuchArtist Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Fiber rich foods along with some healthy fats, and drink some potato starch powder along with your meals... boom