Does your mother say nobody loves her or cares about her when upset about something?

Options
2»

Replies

• peckchris3267
    peckchris3267 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    My mother disowned me and my daughters years ago. She didn’t even go to my daughters high school graduation. She lives a half mile away.
  • imanibelle
    imanibelle Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies, everyone, and I'm sorry to those who have had bad experiences like their moms not talking to them or using emotional blackmail. :(
  • rickiimarieee
    rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Nah when my mom is upset she calls me other 2 sisters to get them to back her up and support even if she did something wrong, so you feel cornered by your family.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    I call that an emotional vampire. Tell her to provide examples.

Yes!!
    Does your mother say nobody loves her or cares about her when upset about something?

My mom does say nobody cares, my grandmother did too...I don't even know what to say...so I say nothing, not because I don't care but because its just stupid and to me feels like she is 'fishing' for reassurance or something.

As I typed this I realized that I do the same thing in a way to people...I make 'baited' statements because I want reassurance...
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Yep, she's very melodramatic about it too. And then we all agree with her, and she pretends to pout and we all laugh. Everyone agrees with me when I say it too. We tend not to take ourselves or each other very seriously.