suggestions

Options
Hi, I am watching what i eat, always under my calorie goal but like 300-400, no soads, just water or tea with splenda, i am working out 4-6 days a week for atleast 40 mins if not more. I have lost 5 pounds but aunt flow decided to visit, which upset me anyways because we are going to a fertility doc, but it is making me feel all blah and i am just not losing as fast as i want too. Does anyone have any suggestions?? Is the sauna something good to do? It gets rid of water weight?

Replies

• Synnoveg
    Synnoveg Posts: 10
    Options
    The sauna gets rid of water weight, but as soon as you hydrate it will come right back. Just stick with your exercise and eating. Are you switching up your workouts?
  • Southernb3lle
    Southernb3lle Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Slow and Steady wins the race. I know it isn't something you like to hear. But a healthy loss is 1 to 2 lbs a week. Also, remember that when Aunt Flo is around you will go up some in pounds but they should go away after it is over. ;)
  • sugarinthesky
    sugarinthesky Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi. It sounds like you need to take in all of the recommended calories. I seem to fall short using all my calories, too. It said we are putting our bodies into starvation mode. I think we both need to fill those extra calories in with good protein and maybe fresh fruit and veggies?! Sounds like you have a nice weight loss so far!

Side note, I don't like sauna's because they are a harbor of germs (dark, moist, warm place)! If you do go don't sit! Just read a recent article in our part of town saying how the play lands (i.e Mickey D's, etc) not only had e-coli (poop), but STD's, (sexually transmitted disease) too!
    Keep up the great work!~ :) You can do it!
  • ckjohnson0820
    Options
    I do the stationary bicylce at the gym everyday for atleast 40 mins, then sometimes i do the row machine, and sometimes i walk on the treadmill. I dont run because well i havent worked up to that yet lol, i also try to do 50-100 crunches a day or everyother day, i just ordered a dance excercise video. I need to work on my stomach and my arms.
  • ckjohnson0820
    Options
    Thanks!! and yea i wont be going to the sauna haha
  • tararocks
    tararocks Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    How long have you been doing this routine? If it is only for a couple of weeks then you should be proud of the 5lb weight loss, i know in the beginning i went from absolutely nothing to going to the gym 3-4 times a week and watching everything I ate and i was so trying so hard and it was so different from what was my "normal" routine that I knew I would jsut drop those first pounds speedy quick, but it doesnt work that way. Your body needs to go slow, you didnt gain the weight all in two weeks and you can't shed it all that quick either. The other thing is you do not want to do anything that is going to cause a huge weight loss unless your goal is jsut to fit into a dress or something for one day, sauna, fad diets, all liquid, etc because you will not be able to sustain that and as soon as you stop that weight will come back, slow and steady teaches you to change your habits altogether and this is the only thing that will keep the weight off. Good luck to you, don't give up!
  • candb
    candb Posts: 238
    Options
    I always found that while my weight was slightly up when AF was around that by the time it was gone I'd lose a bunch of weight. So if your last weigh-in was disappointing, keep up what you've been doing and your next weigh-in after she is gone should be much better.
  • Synnoveg
    Synnoveg Posts: 10
    Options
    Alright, that is part of your problem. You need to switch up what you are doing. Your body is adapting to your workouts. You can do the bike, but switch up your intensity,do interverals, ect. Try the elliptical. Also, add in some resistance training. You need to build more muscle. Muscles are your fat burning machine, so by building more muscle, your body will burn calories more efficiently.
  • ckjohnson0820
    Options
    ive only been doing this since the 28th of july. Yea i love the bike its the one workout i like lol ill try the elliptical after the bike for now on and see how that works.