What is your go to brand?

Options
Normally I shop at Marshall's, Ross, and stores similar to those for my workout gear. However, I have noticed some amazing deals on Amazon. Wondering if there are some good brands (mainly leggings) you guys like? Doesn't have to be popular. Example: 90 degree.

Replies

• H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    For leggings/capris, I like the Avia brand...I get mine at Walmart ($13), not sure if Amazon has them. I've even been known to wear them with a button down shirt and pass them off as "nice" pants. Shirts....whatever ratty thing happens to be available or my SandCloud tanks. Shoes....I swear by Salomon for running and Converse for lifting.
  • PAFC84
    PAFC84 Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    I shop at TK Maxx. I wouldn't say I have a go to brand but I quite like New Balance. I'm more influenced by price and colours lol
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    I really think it depends on a) what you are using them for and b) whether your weight is stable or not. Do you need your leggings to do anything special (knee support/compression/etc.)? Or do you just need them to be comfortable? If they just need to be comfortable, then I'd go for something cheap, especially if you're not in maintenance and you'll need to replace them when your weight changes. I went through SO MANY sets of workout clothes before I started maintenance, but I stuck with one brand because it worked well with a previous injury.
  • PAFC84
    PAFC84 Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    apullum wrote: »
    I really think it depends on a) what you are using them for and b) whether your weight is stable or not. Do you need your leggings to do anything special (knee support/compression/etc.)? Or do you just need them to be comfortable? If they just need to be comfortable, then I'd go for something cheap, especially if you're not in maintenance and you'll need to replace them when your weight changes. I went through SO MANY sets of workout clothes before I started maintenance, but I stuck with one brand because it worked well with a previous injury.

This is very true. No point in shelling out good money if you are going to replace it shortly after you've bought it
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Arc'teryx.
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,216 Member
    Options
    Under Armour. I know MFP is owned by UA, I am in no way affiliated with UA or paid for this candid endorsement. Have had good luck finding UA gear at TJ Maxx near me. The majority of my favorites garments in my casual wardrobe are Under Armour, I've not found another brand that fits me as well as UA stuff and don't feel the need to keep looking. I have a bunch of t-shirts, few pairs of shorts, 1/4 zips, a great pair of golf pants, comfy warm-up --type pants, compression gear (both cold and heat gear), various pairs of boxer briefs, socks, knit cap and gloves for running, 6 or so polos, workout shoes, lifting gloves, and a golf glove. They've built my confidence in them such that I'll check out just about anything they bring out. I really wanted to love a pair of their running shoes and they weren't quite a fit for my running style, though the shoes seem pretty well made and are comfortable for just wearing out and about. The Jordan Spieth Signature golf shoe is sharp to look at but was woefully uncomfortable when I tried them on. I also have an issue with the way their stretch-fit hats fit; S/M gives me a headache, M/L too loose, nice hats, wish they fit correctly.

My wife is somewhat the same way, she loves a particular pair of cold gear leggings and a cold gear 1/4 zip I bought for her, both great for running this time of year. We're running a 10K tomorrow morning and will both look like we belong in a UA ad with the exception of our Mizuno Running shoes.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    I wear Haynes stretch jersey capris and leggings - they're super cheap on Amazon ($7 and $9 atm, $10 list), and maybe one out of every three or four pairs develops tears in the inner thighs within the first month, but the ones that don't have stood up well.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    My favorites have been Old Navy active and C9 by Champion in Target. I sometimes go to a champion outlet, but I've actually liked the gear at target better. I have had bad luck on amazon--- brands that showed up and were knock offs or so stretchy and thin they were basically pantyhose/saggy crotch. I like medium level compression. The only downside of old navy is that you HAVE to squat-test. I have one pair of light colored leggings that are perfect from old navy (light colored often goes transparent) that are opaque as heck while, same day in the store I tried some Go Dry Old Navy leggings in dark green that went fully transparent when bending.

You can also get a lot of reviews on youtube. My favorite fitness gear vlogger is Hopescope. She reviews a lot of Amazon leggings here, including squat-tests: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjQRTUrRsMo
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    steveko89 wrote: »
    Under Armour. I know MFP is owned by UA, I am in no way affiliated with UA or paid for this candid endorsement. Have had good luck finding UA gear at TJ Maxx near me. The majority of my favorites garments in my casual wardrobe are Under Armour, I've not found another brand that fits me as well as UA stuff and don't feel the need to keep looking. I have a bunch of t-shirts, few pairs of shorts, 1/4 zips, a great pair of golf pants, comfy warm-up --type pants, compression gear (both cold and heat gear), various pairs of boxer briefs, socks, knit cap and gloves for running, 6 or so polos, workout shoes, lifting gloves, and a golf glove. They've built my confidence in them such that I'll check out just about anything they bring out. I really wanted to love a pair of their running shoes and they weren't quite a fit for my running style, though the shoes seem pretty well made and are comfortable for just wearing out and about. The Jordan Spieth Signature golf shoe is sharp to look at but was woefully uncomfortable when I tried them on. I also have an issue with the way their stretch-fit hats fit; S/M gives me a headache, M/L too loose, nice hats, wish they fit correctly.

My wife is somewhat the same way, she loves a particular pair of cold gear leggings and a cold gear 1/4 zip I bought for her, both great for running this time of year. We're running a 10K tomorrow morning and will both look like we belong in a UA ad with the exception of our Mizuno Running shoes.

I love UA heatgear and coldgear tights for running. They have enough compression to support my knees, which is the most important thing I need in running tights. I also like a mesh back tank top, which they don't make anymore.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I like 90 degree and Marika brand leggings at Marshall's, C9 leggings at Target, and TekGear leggings at Kohl's. I like high rise waistlines and those brands have fits that work for me.

For tops, I don't have a favorite brand. I don't like them to be form fitting and most brands I see in stores are fitted. I have found that tanks from the pajama section tend to be looser so I get those if I want something new. My favorite workout tee is an old college shirt that has paint on it but is super comfortable and I can't bear to part with it.
  • MrsLannister
    MrsLannister Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Since I'm fat, I can't wear most of the brands. I like the Lane Bryant leggings with just plain t shirts. I have been looking at a place called Rainbeau Curves that specializes in plus size activewear, but haven't bought anything yet. I bought a top from Juno Active that ended up being comically short (like, if I raise my arms over my head it comes up above my breasts.)

The Torrid underwire sports bra is everything.
  • LoveForWine
    LoveForWine Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    TJ Maxx has a great selection. I like 90 degree also and Marika Balance Collection. My favorite yoga pants are ATHLETA.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,978 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    UA for base or 2nd layer.

I started using UA long b4 it went public and became well known. Too bad I didn't buy the stock as well.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I usually get old navy active wear. I really like some of their tanks, light support sport bras, running shorts and capris. I also like Avia (Walmart) bike shorts. Jockey big girls sports bras, fruit of the loom pull over 3 packs, or Hanes bandini bras (all available from Amazon).
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Under Armour. The Fly By capris are amazing and they have a zipper pocket which I looooove. There is a specific Threadborne tank I love as too.
    There are a bunch of other pieces I have my eye on as well. I just love the fit and feel.
  • lemmie177
    lemmie177 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I like old navy high-waisted compression leggings. I'm not picky about tops, my most used ones tend to be danskin.