Feeling so demotivated

It's been 4 days since I started my journey. When I was hanging out with my friends I wanted to order a huge burger but I stopped myself. Instead I bought a tiny cake by maintaining my 1450 cals a day. Yet I feel so bad because I'm not able to eat whatever I want also because I feel like nothing is gonna change justt like in the past. I was recording myself while doing a few workout moves if I do them in correct position. When I watched the records I got disgusted how I looked. :/ It's so demotivating and stressing. I want my look to change fast even though it's not possible. :( how do I keep going?

Replies

• KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    you just focus and regroups and pull your inner strength, how bad do you want it? not every day is perfect, but try and make a effort. we all have good days and bad.
  • PAFC84
    PAFC84 Posts: 1,871 Member
    Even though he ^ is a Libra, he talks sense
  • mrarmaan
    mrarmaan Posts: 390 Member
    It's been 4 days since I started my journey. When I was hanging out with my friends I wanted to order a huge burger but I stopped myself. Instead I bought a tiny cake by maintaining my 1450 cals a day. Yet I feel so bad because I'm not able to eat whatever I want also because I feel like nothing is gonna change justt like in the past. I was recording myself while doing a few workout moves if I do them in correct position. When I watched the records I got disgusted how I looked. :/ It's so demotivating and stressing. I want my look to change fast even though it's not possible. :( how do I keep going?

why do you wanna get slim?
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    I suggest you learn what calories are in a "huge" burger, and if you always get a 'huge' side of fries or onion rings find those calories also. Compare that to your 1450 budget and decide what matters to you. One huge burger with your friends that you starve all day for, or something less huge that you can enjoy inside your budget.
  • mikes96fs
    mikes96fs Posts: 1 Member
    I completely understand. The best advice I can give is, one day at a time. That is the way you have to look at it. There will be good days and bad days. The longer you stick with a healthy nutrition plan the easier it gets. Trust me on that. I am 6 months into this. The first month or 2 was very difficult (especially when going out to restaurants with people who were not watching what they ate). But now I don’t feel the need for bad choices foods. Give it 4-6 weeks... it gets better... especially when you start seeing results
  • PAFC84
    PAFC84 Posts: 1,871 Member
    lorrpb wrote: »
    Honey, everyone here wants it fast and everyone gets slow. Part of this process is learning realistic expectations.

Sounds like you need to communicate better with your partner ;)
  • theabsentmindednurse
    theabsentmindednurse Posts: 405 Member
    edited November 2017
    With that fatalistic negative thought process nothing is going to change.
    You have made the first step!
    Well done. :)

Now start walking.
    nfpcswzw3p80.jpeg
  • ms_maruska
    ms_maruska Posts: 119 Member
    With a risk of sounding harsh (and I don't want to) - you're right, nothing will change if you give up now. Then you'll try and start again in a couple of months :)

A while back I read something on this forum that is still stuck in my mind "Three months from now you'll wish you started today" (sorry, I have no idea who the OP is). That made me realize that I keep wanting the results but not wanting to put in any effort. I was also stuck in a cycle of starting and giving up and then regretting that I gave up and then starting again. All I needed was this type of a change of perspective on weight loss and exercising. This then helped me to get through the first few weeks and after that I've developed the habit of logging and the discipline to continue with much more ease. Every beginning is tough but nobody can go through it for you.

Regarding your exercise videos, use them to motivate you for now. Sure, maybe you suck now and that's normal but if you continue exercising and video yourself again in, say, a week, I'm pretty sure you'll see the improvement in your posture and the ability to do more and better.

Good luck and I hope you find your strength :)
  • greenlizard72
    greenlizard72 Posts: 76 Member
    edited November 2017
    Remember when you were a kid and Christmas was coming (or something else you looked forward to)? You probably thought about it months in advance if you thought you knew you were getting a certain gift you really wanted. Even as kids we have vision, the ability to see something in the future. Use that inate ability to envision the future you. Keep that destination in mind. It might be a long journey, but you know where you're going! Keep moving towards it
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    I like to do a mini goal for myself. If I know there will be donuts at work, I write down that I will stay away from the donuts. If I think that I should work on staying hydrated, I might do a goal that I should drink 8 or more glasses of water. The goals are easy so I feel more obligated to do it. I try not to deprive myself of eating when I am hungry but just make better choices. For example, order a smaller burger, without mayo and cheese and add ketchup and mustard. I like extra tomato on my burger. The calorie difference can be huge with a few little changes and you can still enjoy mealtime with others.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member

If you don't keep going, it won't ever change...
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    It's been 4 days since I started my journey. When I was hanging out with my friends I wanted to order a huge burger .?

Were you there because you wanted to be with your friends, or because you wanted the burger? If the answer is to have fun with your friends, then be happy with that. Everyone wants to have their cake and eat it too, but sometimes it has to be enough just to have cake. Enjoy your cake!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Thanks a lot guys. My intake was under my goal one more day. No giving up! This time I won't stop because just like you guys said I don't wanna say two months later "maaaan ıf only I didn't stop..." I ain't stopping this time!! I want to see the girl in two months from now. I don't want to taste that burger anymore. I want to taste the feeling of success. If it takes discipline, I will stick to my rules! I will prove what is now imagined. I will always be better than yesterday.

Or fit a burger into your weekly cals every so often, win win