Petite and Hypothyroidism (men and women)

Options
Hi everyone!! I recently found out that I am hypo. This sucks because I'm trying to lose 10-15 and I'm short so it's made worse with the condition. This means that eating anything above a certain limit ( for me 1200) I GAIN weight . The only way I lose is eating at 1000 and or exercise throughout the day... For like an hour everyday. No breaks.

Is there anyone out there who is both petite and hypo who can give any pointers? I'm really lost. Please note that yeah I know 1000 Cal/day is frowned upon. I make sure to get a daily vitamin or eat only veggies , lean meats and fruit. Yes yes I know I should be doctor supervised but that would involve money

Replies

• nari408
    nari408 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am about 5'7" but I have hypothyroidism. Taking Synthroid. All my workouts are cardio and aerobic based to lose as much fat as possible. Building up you muscle mass through strength training might help. And #1 stay under that calorie goal. I intake about 1000-1100 calories daily and output 2000ish calories from cardio workouts. Hope this was useful. :)
  • kimwahl8472
    kimwahl8472 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am hypo as well. I used to be 300 pounds but I started eating around 1300 calories a day and running 12km a day lost 112 pounds total now. I found that it was unsustainable and after a visit to the doctor I got on synthroid as well.
    Much easier to keep it off.
  • Mysche
    Mysche Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey 5'1 hypothyroidism here! I do a mix of cardio and weights, I try do things to keep my metabolism up that's what really screwed up when I found out I was hypo, the weights are really helping with that, I try stay away from carbs and gluten as much as I can. Have just upped my cardio and done some hiit workouts that's been really good too! But def the calorie counting has helped I've been on here about 2 weeks and feel like this is working xx