Macros

Options
Hey, I had a pretty a good day eating happily. But I realised My carb intake was 223g :open_mouth: even though I am under 1520 calories. 45g protein and 69 g fat. Is it a bad thing :/ I mean I dont feel hungry at all. But mfp says I should have taken only 190 g carbs a day.

Replies

• corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    It's one day. Don't worry about it. At all. Ever. Enjoy the day! Hug your family and friends! Have a good time!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Hey, I had a pretty a good day eating happily. But I realised My carb intake was 223g :open_mouth: even though I am under 1520 calories. 45g protein and 69 g fat. Is it a bad thing :/ I mean I dont feel hungry at all. But mfp says I should have taken only 190 g carbs a day.

I'd worry more about your protein intake personally
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Excess carbs aren't a problem unless they take you over your calories.
  • issiahs
    issiahs Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Don’t even consider it a bad thing. Carbs are demonized, but they don’t make you gain weight unless they make you go over your calorie limit.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options

Me too
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

Yeah, that was the first thing that struck me. OP your protein intake is very low..
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    But it's just one day, right? OP, macros are just a guideline, and many here look at protein and fat as minimums and let the rest fall where they may. But your macros being out of whack for one day is no big deal.
  • dwilliamca
    dwilliamca Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    My macros were also terrible eating a traditional turkey dinner. Moderate carbs, very high fat, little protein, and very little fiber. Good thing it is only one day.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options

One day does not matter. Tracking macros lets you see how you are doing on average, which is what's important.

Also, fat vs. carbs is not going to matter -- you can balance them as you like. You can lose eating 223 g of carbs every day, unless you have some health condition that makes that a problem or you struggle to stick within your calories. What you want to do -- and again, on average -- is make sure you get enough protein. 45 g is pretty low, IMO, but I'm assuming this is not a typical day, so it doesn't matter. (Second to protein, I'd probably rank fiber, personally, but it's not a macro, but a subset of carbs in the US.)
  • merveozyalin
    merveozyalin Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

One day does not matter. Tracking macros lets you see how you are doing on average, which is what's important.

Also, fat vs. carbs is not going to matter -- you can balance them as you like. You can lose eating 223 g of carbs every day, unless you have some health condition that makes that a problem or you struggle to stick within your calories. What you want to do -- and again, on average -- is make sure you get enough protein. 45 g is pretty low, IMO, but I'm assuming this is not a typical day, so it doesn't matter. (Second to protein, I'd probably rank fiber, personally, but it's not a macro, but a subset of carbs in the US.)

I would like it to be a typical day since I love carbs. I spent my day eating bananas, peanıt butter and some pudding yesterday. I tried to add more protein today though.